HOUSTON – Melvin Faye Duncan, 78, died Saturday, Jan. 4, 2014, at his home. He was born Dec. 8, 1935, in Chickasaw County to Henry Clinton Duncan and Hester Ardenia Cook Duncan.
He attended Friendship Baptist Church in Thorn.
Services will be 10 a.m. Tuesday, Jan. 7, at Memorial Funeral Home Chapel with Bro. Fred Hartley and Bro. Gladwin Carpenter officiating. Burial will be in Ellzey Cemetery. Memorial Funeral Home is in charge of arrangements.
He is survived by three sisters, Virginia Martin, Cathleen Moore (Eddie), both of Houston and Charleen Langley (Douglas) of Woodland; a stepbrother, Billy Walls (Idella) of Woodland; a stepsister, Dorothy Jean “Dot” Black of Houston; and two sisters-in-law, Lula Mae Walls of Houlka and Johnnie Duncan of Houston.
He was preceded in death by his parents; stepmother, Ester Janie Walls Duncan; two brothers, LC Duncan and Durrell Duncan; a sister, Nancy Ruth Duncan; a stepbrother, Junior Lee Walls; two brothers-in-law, Jesse Benton Martin and Elvis Black; and a sister-in-law, Jeanette Walls.
Pallbearers will be Curtis Tennyson, Marty Black, Jason Moore, Mike Langley, Chris Langley, Cliff Lee, Jonathan Grimes and Jerry Walls.
Honorary pallbearers will be Tim Cook, Calvin Martin, Jesse Martin, Billy Duncan and David Duncan.
Visitation will be from 5 to 8 p.m. Monday at the funeral home.
Donations may be made to the Ellzey Cemetery Fund.
Online condolences may be made at www.memorialfuneralhomehouston.com/.
- Click to email this to a friend (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to Press This! (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Google+ (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
About Floyd Ingram
- ICC concert choir performs Monday October 16, 2016
- Calhoun County man dies after Tuesday night shooting October 19, 2016
- EDITORIAL: Demanding excellence October 20, 2016
- Fall Fun and Games Day is Friday October 20, 2016
- Number 8! October 20, 2016
- Houlka hosts senior assembly October 22, 2016
- WEEK 10: High School Football Scores October 22, 2016
- What color is homelessness? October 22, 2016
- POLICE ROUNDUP: Charges upgraded following fatal accident October 21, 2016
- WEEK 10: High School Football Previews October 21, 2016
- Bet Rob: I came into town over the weekend to ride part of ...
- Jim Garth Horn: Did I miss it or is there anywhere in the article ...
- Americasgone: They have a "no guns" sign on their door. If the...
- Americasgone: This has to be a joke. They have good employees an...
- Jessica Lacy: Leadershipprovides with the opportunity to lead. E...
- RT @wcbiweather: The heat index has surpassed 100 in many spots today. Stay cool out there! #mswx #alwx #wcbi http://t.co/Lt2LRZTDcm 3 years ago
- RT @dennisseid: OSHA: 24 work-related deaths in Miss. last year http://t.co/lgEYYtK7ZR 3 years ago
- Speech pathologists work to better communication skills | Monroe Journal http://t.co/lyHLvb0OS1 3 years ago
- Mumford & Sons bassist has blood clot on brain http://t.co/4xNLMhxaif 3 years ago
- Mobile home fire claims one | Itawamba Times http://t.co/FHouwxbnsp 3 years ago