OKOLONA – Glen David Reeves, 55, died Wednesday, Jan. 15, 2014, at North Mississippi Medical Center following a brief illness. A lifelong resident of Okolona, he was born March 23, 1958, to O.D. Reeves and Lillie Baughman Reeves.
He was a 1976 graduate of Okolona High School. He served in the Mississippi National Guard for more than 20 years, making several tours overseas. He worked many years as an electrician for Sullivan Electric before his health failed. He was a member of Grace Chapel Baptist Church.
To honor his wishes, family and friends will be received beginning at 11 a.m. Saturday at his residence, 436 County Road 136, Okolona, in celebration of his life, followed by cremation. Holland Funeral Directors, Okolona Chapel, is entrusted with arrangements.
He is survived by his father, O.D. Reeves of Tupelo; his life partner, Sarah Lee of Okolona; daughter, Judy McDonald (David) of Monette, Ark.; three sons, Joey Elliott (Monica) of Shannon, Joshua Terry (Launa) of Grenada and Richard Terry (Lisa) of Houston; nine grandchildren; a special aunt, Verna Blizzard of Houston; and a host of aunts, uncles and cousins.
He was preceded in death by his mother; one brother, Danny Reeves; and an infant sister.
Memorials may be made to the Tupelo-Lee Human Society, P.O. Box 1185, Tupelo, MS 38801.
Condolences may be emailed to email@example.com.
- Click to email this to a friend (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to Press This! (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Google+ (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
About Floyd Ingram
- Sundancer crosses 2016 Solar Car Challenge finish line July 23, 2016
- Solar Team trekking north in Solar Challenge 2016 July 21, 2016
- Shearer-Richardson announces expansion July 25, 2016
- Cunningham earns ICC scholarship July 25, 2016
- ETHAN TURNER: A note to the fans July 26, 2016
- Houlka’s Tyreque Reed name Legion MVP July 28, 2016
- County, city seek road costs for three streets July 28, 2016
- ICC valedictorian, salutatorian scholars named. July 27, 2016
- Mississippi Showcase features local baseball talent July 27, 2016
- FLOYD INGRAM: Solar racers make us Houston proud July 27, 2016
- Jim Garth Horn: Did I miss it or is there anywhere in the article ...
- Americasgone: They have a "no guns" sign on their door. If the...
- Americasgone: This has to be a joke. They have good employees an...
- Jessica Lacy: Leadershipprovides with the opportunity to lead. E...
- a: Cars with tags from 12 different counties can rout...
- RT @wcbiweather: The heat index has surpassed 100 in many spots today. Stay cool out there! #mswx #alwx #wcbi http://t.co/Lt2LRZTDcm 3 years ago
- RT @dennisseid: OSHA: 24 work-related deaths in Miss. last year http://t.co/lgEYYtK7ZR 3 years ago
- Speech pathologists work to better communication skills | Monroe Journal http://t.co/lyHLvb0OS1 3 years ago
- Mumford & Sons bassist has blood clot on brain http://t.co/4xNLMhxaif 3 years ago
- Mobile home fire claims one | Itawamba Times http://t.co/FHouwxbnsp 3 years ago