WEST POINT – Martha Nell Huffman, 74, passed away on Friday Jan. 17, 2014, at her home in West Point. She was born on March 14, 1939, in Reform to Joseph Henry Cooper and Lillie Lou Crick Weaver. She was co-owner of Huffman Oil Company, where she was very active in the family business for 40 years. She was an avid seamstress, enjoyed reading and loved yard sales.
Services will be at 3 p.m. Sunday, Jan. 19, at Robinson Funeral Home Chapel in West Point with the Rev. Michael Shelton officiating. Burial will follow in Greenwood Cemetery in West Point. Visitation will be from 2 to 3 p.m. Sunday at the funeral home.
She is survived by two daughters, Cyndi Huffman of West Point and Debi Shelton (Charles) of West Point; three godchildren, Ruby Rawl (Doug), Kimberlee Link and Marc Johnston, all of Lexington, S.C.; four brothers, Jimmie Cooper (Freda) of Clarkston, and Riley Cooper (Mary), Kenneth Cooper (Barbara) and Rodney Cooper (Myrtle), all of Eupora; one sister, Alice Coburn of West Point; three grandchildren, Stacey-Ann Hudson, Bubba Hudson and Samantha Hudson; and one great-grandchild, Lillie Wilkinson.
She was preceded in death by her parents; a sister, Jessie Wise; and a brother, Bobby Cooper.
Pallbearers include Ricky Joe Inman, Larry Henley, Bobby Huffman, Shane Elliott, Scott Cooper, Jacob Huffman, Joseph Huffman and Jeff Huffman. Honorary pallbearers will be Dr. Richard Hendrick, Dr. Deanna White, Dr. Paul Perry, Dr. Ray Lacey, Billy Smith, Boyd Butler, NMMC Home Health and Hospice Services, Charles Hill, Rocky Hudson and Claude McKee.
Memorials may be made to American Cancer Society, 1800 W. Main St. #1 Tupelo, MS 38801 or American Lung Association, P.O. Box 2178, Ridgeland, MS 39158.
Friends may leave condolences online at robinsonfh.net.
- Click to email this to a friend (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to Press This! (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Google+ (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
About Floyd Ingram
- Houlka reviews preliminary test scores October 21, 2016
- MSU names Summer 2016 graduates October 25, 2016
- Collision kills two near Vardaman October 25, 2016
- AP POLL: Mississippi High School Football Rankings, Oct. 25 October 25, 2016
- Toppers ready for Noxubee October 25, 2016
- Houlka aldermen hold budget hearing October 27, 2016
- County formally amends 2016 budget October 27, 2016
- Louisville edges Toppers October 27, 2016
- EDITORIAL: Red Ribbon Week October 26, 2016
- Art in the Park is Thursday October 26, 2016
- Bet Rob: I came into town over the weekend to ride part of ...
- Jim Garth Horn: Did I miss it or is there anywhere in the article ...
- Americasgone: They have a "no guns" sign on their door. If the...
- Americasgone: This has to be a joke. They have good employees an...
- Jessica Lacy: Leadershipprovides with the opportunity to lead. E...
- RT @wcbiweather: The heat index has surpassed 100 in many spots today. Stay cool out there! #mswx #alwx #wcbi http://t.co/Lt2LRZTDcm 3 years ago
- RT @dennisseid: OSHA: 24 work-related deaths in Miss. last year http://t.co/lgEYYtK7ZR 3 years ago
- Speech pathologists work to better communication skills | Monroe Journal http://t.co/lyHLvb0OS1 3 years ago
- Mumford & Sons bassist has blood clot on brain http://t.co/4xNLMhxaif 3 years ago
- Mobile home fire claims one | Itawamba Times http://t.co/FHouwxbnsp 3 years ago