PITTSBORO – Cloris Ann Burnham, 80, of Pittsboro died Saturday, Jan. 25, 2014, at Calhoun Health Services in Calhoun City. Born Friday, Dec. 8, 1933, in Greenwood, she was the daughter of Jesse Sproles and Lucy Garrard Sproles. She was the wife of Bro. Bill Travis McDaniel and Billy Keith Burnham. She was a teacher at Calhoun County Schools for 37 years, where she was elected teacher of the year She was a member of Rocky Mount Baptist Church, where she also taught Sunday school. She was a member of the National Education Association. Her hobbies were sewing and gardening.
Services will be 10 a.m. Tuesday, Jan. 28, at Rocky Mount Baptist Church with Bro. Larry Haggard officiating. Interment will be in Indianola Cemetery. Parker Memorial Funeral Home is in charge of arrangements.
She is survived by son, Billy T. (Elaine Ann) McDaniel of Wichita, Kan.; daughter, Faith Ann Spratlin of Jackson; brothers, Charles Sproles of Winona and Johnny Sproles of Greenwood; sisters, Patsy Allison of Tippo and Belinda Clolinger of Greenwood; grandchildren, Jamie Spratlin, Bryant Spratlin and Meliah Cramner; and great-grandchildren, Gabrial Spratlin, Annalise Spratlin, Avery Spratlin and Addison Spratlin.
She was preceded in death by her parents; her husband, Bro. Bill Travis; and her husband, Billy Keith Burnham.
Memorial contributions may be sent to St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital, 501 St. Jude Place Memphis, TN 38105.
Online condolences may be made to the family at ParkerMemorialFuneralHomes.com.
- Click to email this to a friend (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to Press This! (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Google+ (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
About Floyd Ingram
- Dendy’s named Man, Woman of the Year July 17, 2016
- Nabors named top home improvement store in state July 18, 2016
- ICC offers manufacturing program July 20, 2016
- Solar Team trekking north in Solar Challenge 2016 July 21, 2016
- Houston’s Kinard honored by PTK July 21, 2016
- Homegrown and Houston proud July 23, 2016
- ICC registration underway July 22, 2016
- Hebron honors hoop champions July 22, 2016
- Houston, Houlka, Okolona districts get “C” July 22, 2016
- EDITORIAL: Support for Solar Car July 22, 2016
- Americasgone: They have a "no guns" sign on their door. If the...
- Americasgone: This has to be a joke. They have good employees an...
- Jessica Lacy: Leadershipprovides with the opportunity to lead. E...
- a: Cars with tags from 12 different counties can rout...
- LindaWando390: Valuable article , Speaking of which , if one has ...
- RT @wcbiweather: The heat index has surpassed 100 in many spots today. Stay cool out there! #mswx #alwx #wcbi http://t.co/Lt2LRZTDcm 3 years ago
- RT @dennisseid: OSHA: 24 work-related deaths in Miss. last year http://t.co/lgEYYtK7ZR 3 years ago
- Speech pathologists work to better communication skills | Monroe Journal http://t.co/lyHLvb0OS1 3 years ago
- Mumford & Sons bassist has blood clot on brain http://t.co/4xNLMhxaif 3 years ago
- Mobile home fire claims one | Itawamba Times http://t.co/FHouwxbnsp 3 years ago