PHEBA – Gary Lynn Bigham Sr., 56, passed away Wednesday, Jan. 29, 2014, at North Mississippi Medical Center in West Point. He was born March 18, 1957, in Maben, the son of Peggy Jean Boyette and Emmett Jefferson Bigham.
He was a maintenance technician at Bryan Foods in West Point for 32 years. He was also a maintenance technician at Nucor, formerly Gulf States, in Starkville. He married Louise Brooks Bigham June 5, 1976, in Houston.
Funeral services will be 2 p.m. Saturday at Calvert Funeral Home Chapel with the Rev. Terry Rhodes officiating. Burial will follow in Pheba Cemetery.
Survivors include his wife, Louise B. Bigham of Pheba; three daughters, Melanie Gordon (David) of Maben, Faith High (Josh) of Mantee, and April Bigham of Pheba; a son, Gary L. Bigham Jr. (Christina) of Caledonia; nine grandchildren; his mother, Peggy J. Bigham of Pheba; two sisters, Barbara Phillips (Lamar) of Van Vleet and Brenda Washington (Bob) of Pheba; and three brothers, Royce Bigham (Linda) of West Point, Dale Bigham (Angel), and Patrick “Tenny” Bigham, both of Pheba.
In addition to his father, he was predeceased by his brother, Emmett “Sonny” Bigham.
Pallbearers will be Nicholas Bigham, Wally McGee, Steve Wilkes, Chuck Roberson, Kevin Reed and Charles Smith.
Honorary pallbearers will be Jimmy Wilburn and the nurses and staff of North Mississippi Medical Center Home Health.
Memorials may be made to Pheba Cemetery Care Fund, P.O. Box 5, Pheba, MS 39755 or to St. Jude Childrens Research Hospital, 501 St. Jude Place, Memphis, TN 38105-1942.
Visitation will be noon until 2 p.m. Saturday at Calvert Funeral Home.
Friends may leave an online condolence at www.calvertfuneralhome.com.
- Click to email this to a friend (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to Press This! (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Google+ (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
About Floyd Ingram
- Sundancer crosses 2016 Solar Car Challenge finish line July 23, 2016
- Nabors named top home improvement store in state July 18, 2016
- ICC registration underway July 22, 2016
- Homegrown and Houston proud July 23, 2016
- SONNY SCOTT: Real men rise above the status quo July 23, 2016
- Fire burns Thorn home Sunday July 25, 2016
- Scott, Hardin honored by ICC July 24, 2016
- Walker takes second at Pros of Tomorrow July 24, 2016
- Culinary arts teacher opens up new world for students July 24, 2016
- Getting a good start at school July 24, 2016
- Jim Garth Horn: Did I miss it or is there anywhere in the article ...
- Americasgone: They have a "no guns" sign on their door. If the...
- Americasgone: This has to be a joke. They have good employees an...
- Jessica Lacy: Leadershipprovides with the opportunity to lead. E...
- a: Cars with tags from 12 different counties can rout...
- RT @wcbiweather: The heat index has surpassed 100 in many spots today. Stay cool out there! #mswx #alwx #wcbi http://t.co/Lt2LRZTDcm 3 years ago
- RT @dennisseid: OSHA: 24 work-related deaths in Miss. last year http://t.co/lgEYYtK7ZR 3 years ago
- Speech pathologists work to better communication skills | Monroe Journal http://t.co/lyHLvb0OS1 3 years ago
- Mumford & Sons bassist has blood clot on brain http://t.co/4xNLMhxaif 3 years ago
- Mobile home fire claims one | Itawamba Times http://t.co/FHouwxbnsp 3 years ago