Practical advice awaits growers
VERONA – Two days of seminars and activities are planned for the North Mississippi Fruit and Vegetable Growers Association Conference and Trade Show on Thursday and Friday in the Magnolia Building at the Lee County Agri-Center, located at 5395 Highway 145 in Verona.
Topics on the agenda include honeybees, business management, wildlife enterprises, greenhouse tomatoes, fruit crops, vegetable variety selection, and control of insects, diseases and weeds. MSU scientists with the Mississippi Agricultural and Forestry Experiment Station will provide updates on their research.
Doors open at 8 a.m. Thursday, and sessions conclude around 5 p.m. Friday offers growers two options: One begins at 8:30 a.m. and the other at 9. Both options conclude around 2 p.m. Lunches are provided each day.
For more information or to preregister, contact a county extension office. The conference costs $20, and the fee should be mailed to the NMS Fruit and Vegetable Association, P.O. Box 1690, Verona, MS 38879.
- Click to email this to a friend (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to Press This! (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Google+ (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
About Floyd Ingram
- Habitat now Fuller Center February 17, 2017
- City candidates face March 3 deadline February 17, 2017
- Sirens to go off Wednesday for statwide tornado drill February 21, 2017
- Chickasaw man injured in Shannon wreck February 21, 2017
- One killed in wreck involving ambulance February 21, 2017
- Vardaman hunter bags banded duck February 24, 2017
- Extension gives out 1,800 trees February 24, 2017
- Growing our future with AEST February 23, 2017
- FLOYD INGRAM: Looking at the future February 23, 2017
- Correctional Facility revenue reviewed February 23, 2017
- Chris Johnson: Great article! I would note, though, that all Full...
- June Criddle Linley: I have no problems with making sure students are d...
- Mamabear: I knew this man. He was an extremely talented son...
- Jean Ulmer Gaskin: Chip, you and Rocky turned out to be wonderful men...
- jonathan makeley: Jim Hedges 2016 If you would like to join the Proh...
- RT @wcbiweather: The heat index has surpassed 100 in many spots today. Stay cool out there! #mswx #alwx #wcbi http://t.co/Lt2LRZTDcm 4 years ago
- RT @dennisseid: OSHA: 24 work-related deaths in Miss. last year http://t.co/lgEYYtK7ZR 4 years ago
- Speech pathologists work to better communication skills | Monroe Journal http://t.co/lyHLvb0OS1 4 years ago
- Mumford & Sons bassist has blood clot on brain http://t.co/4xNLMhxaif 4 years ago
- Mobile home fire claims one | Itawamba Times http://t.co/FHouwxbnsp 4 years ago