WEST POINT – Olivia J. White Bernard, 83, passed away on Tuesday Feb. 4, 2014, at North Mississippi Medical Center in West Point. She was born on Aug. 23, 1930, in Clay County to James Oliver Johnson and Myrtis Norris Johnson. She worked as an inspector for Monty Glove Factory for many years and was a member of Pheba Baptist Church. She was a member of Clay County Home Demonstration Club, on the board of Pheba Volunteer Fire Department, the WMU at Pheba Baptist Church and a member of the DAR.
Services will be Friday, Feb. 7, at Robinson Funeral Home Chapel in West Point with the Rev. Terry Rhodes and the Rev. Jerry King officiating. Burial will follow in Pheba Cemetery.
Pallbearers include Ron White, Mike Huffman, Chris Stevens, Lee Eaton, Jonathan Ward and Jack Stevens. Honorary pallbearers are Ella Carty Sunday School at Pheba Baptist Church, George McClain, Dr. Jerry Cox and staff, Blue Pod Nurses at NMMC-West Point, Ann Alford, Johnny Hall, and former employees at Monty Glove.
She is survived by two daughters, Carolyn (Henry) Stevens of Woodland and Jackie W. (Johnny) Ward of Pheba; one sister, Phyliss (Red) Moore of Belden; four grandchildren, Chris Stevens, Lee Eaton, Jonathan Ward and Jack Stevens; and six great-grandchildren.
She was preceded in death by her parents; two husbands, W.D. Jack White and Wes Bernard; a grandson, Cody Ward; a brother, Buddy Wooten; and a sister, Eva Mae Coggins.
Visitation will be from 4 to 6 p.m. Thursday at Robinson Funeral Home.
Memorials may be made to the Pheba Cemetery Fund, c/o Becky McNeel, P.O. Box 55, Pheba, MS 39755.
Friends may leave condolences online at robinsonfh.net.
- Click to email this to a friend (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to Press This! (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Google+ (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
About Floyd Ingram
- Sundancer crosses 2016 Solar Car Challenge finish line July 23, 2016
- Solar Team trekking north in Solar Challenge 2016 July 21, 2016
- Authorities seek suspects in two shootings July 25, 2016
- Shearer-Richardson announces expansion July 25, 2016
- Cunningham earns ICC scholarship July 25, 2016
- County, city seek road costs for three streets July 28, 2016
- ICC valedictorian, salutatorian scholars named. July 27, 2016
- Mississippi Showcase features local baseball talent July 27, 2016
- FLOYD INGRAM: Solar racers make us Houston proud July 27, 2016
- Dr. Darrick Whitfield: Don’t be a slacker! July 27, 2016
- Jim Garth Horn: Did I miss it or is there anywhere in the article ...
- Americasgone: They have a "no guns" sign on their door. If the...
- Americasgone: This has to be a joke. They have good employees an...
- Jessica Lacy: Leadershipprovides with the opportunity to lead. E...
- a: Cars with tags from 12 different counties can rout...
- RT @wcbiweather: The heat index has surpassed 100 in many spots today. Stay cool out there! #mswx #alwx #wcbi http://t.co/Lt2LRZTDcm 3 years ago
- RT @dennisseid: OSHA: 24 work-related deaths in Miss. last year http://t.co/lgEYYtK7ZR 3 years ago
- Speech pathologists work to better communication skills | Monroe Journal http://t.co/lyHLvb0OS1 3 years ago
- Mumford & Sons bassist has blood clot on brain http://t.co/4xNLMhxaif 3 years ago
- Mobile home fire claims one | Itawamba Times http://t.co/FHouwxbnsp 3 years ago