Making beautiful music
HOUSTON – 134 pianists of different ages and skill levels joined together at Harrisburg Baptist Church in Tupelo to share their faith through music during the annual keyboard festival sponsored by the Mississippi Baptist Convention.
The Area II festival was one of 11 statewide festivals held this year in various locations from Corinth to Pascagoula that are provided to lead young people to a relationship with Christ through sacred music.
Piano students presented musical selections in categories ranging from beginner through advanced on piano and an organ category is also available. The pianists are adjudicated by judges on their performance and presented certificates of merit and critiques.
Mignon Williamson coordinated the event at Harrisburg Baptist Church and encouraged the children and youth to continue their education in music.
“Always remember your music will last a lifetime,” Williamson said. “Stick with it.”
Music students participating from the readership area include:
n Victoria Price
n Kennedy Pearson
n Lara Hollingsworth
n Sarah Brassfield
n Holly Pettit
n Jamiyah Braylock
n Mackenzie Huffman
n Abbie Mitchell
n Emily Pettit
n Cody Voyles
n Jackson Whitt
n Madison Mitchell
n Beth Rinehart
- Chinese pianist Li to release new album in late February
- The memory of a talented young artist brings the gift of music to St. Louis homes
- The pianist with inch-long fingers
- Music review: Diana Krall Festival Theatre 8 Feb
- Barrelhouse Chuck – Piano Blues
- London – Anish Kapoor at the Royal Academy
- Click to email this to a friend (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to Press This! (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Google+ (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
About Lisa Voyles
- Habitat now Fuller Center February 17, 2017
- EDITORIAL: Crosswalks needed February 16, 2017
- HUES names Students of the Week February 21, 2017
- WIN Center offers iPhone class February 21, 2017
- ICC names Adult Learner scholars February 21, 2017
- Correctional Facility revenue reviewed February 23, 2017
- EDITORIAL: Tidy up the Trail February 22, 2017
- “Dream Big” February 22, 2017
- Chieftains claim District February 22, 2017
- Wildcats roll out of district February 22, 2017
- Chris Johnson: Great article! I would note, though, that all Full...
- June Criddle Linley: I have no problems with making sure students are d...
- Mamabear: I knew this man. He was an extremely talented son...
- Jean Ulmer Gaskin: Chip, you and Rocky turned out to be wonderful men...
- jonathan makeley: Jim Hedges 2016 If you would like to join the Proh...
- RT @wcbiweather: The heat index has surpassed 100 in many spots today. Stay cool out there! #mswx #alwx #wcbi http://t.co/Lt2LRZTDcm 4 years ago
- RT @dennisseid: OSHA: 24 work-related deaths in Miss. last year http://t.co/lgEYYtK7ZR 4 years ago
- Speech pathologists work to better communication skills | Monroe Journal http://t.co/lyHLvb0OS1 4 years ago
- Mumford & Sons bassist has blood clot on brain http://t.co/4xNLMhxaif 4 years ago
- Mobile home fire claims one | Itawamba Times http://t.co/FHouwxbnsp 4 years ago