WREN – Betty Dixon McAfee, 72, died on Wednesday, Feb. 12, 2014, at North Mississippi Medical Center in Tupelo. Born on June 10, 1941, in Wren, she was the daughter of the late Raymond and Josie Moss Dixon.
She attended Wren School and graduated from Amory High School, Class of 1960. On June 12, 1960, she married Halbert McAfee. Before becoming a homemaker, she worked in the local garment industry and at Cramco. She was a member of Meadowood Baptist Church. A very special and wonderful wife and mother who had a big heart, she loved her pets, Rebel and Sugar; working in her flowers; cooking; traveling to Panama City on family trips; and bluegrass and gospel music.
Survivors include her husband of 53 years, Halbert McAfee, Wren; daughter, Renee McAfee and companion, William Gilmore, Wren; sister-in-law, Kaye Calhoun (Bobby), Amory; and special friend, Mabel Pace.
A celebration of life service will be held at 1:30 p.m. Friday, Feb. 14, in Haughton Memorial Park with Dr. Lloyd Sweatt officiating. E.E. Pickle Funeral Home is in charge of arrangements. Everyone is asked to meet at the funeral home at 1:15 p.m. to go in procession.
Pallbearers will be Bobby Calhoun, William Gilmore, Wendell Calhoun, Mike Miller and Ted Beasley.
Visitation will be from 11:30 a.m. to 1:15 p.m. Friday at the funeral home.
Memorials may be given to Amory Humane Society, P.O. Box 218, Amory, MS 38821.
Memories and condolences may be shared with the family at eepicklefuneralhome.com.
- Click to email this to a friend (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to Press This! (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Google+ (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
About Floyd Ingram
- Man falls from Houston Airport tower January 19, 2017
- HISD refines drug testing policy January 20, 2017
- Qualifying begins for city elections January 19, 2017
- Houlka mourns death of former mayor January 19, 2017
- ICC hosts Leadoff Banquet January 19, 2017
- Never to be forgotten January 22, 2017
- WEDDING: Darphin/Brand January 22, 2017
- Area crappie gathering in big schools. January 21, 2017
- TONY COOK: Let’s pray for our schools January 21, 2017
- ICC Fall graduates named January 21, 2017
- June Criddle Linley: I have no problems with making sure students are d...
- Mamabear: I knew this man. He was an extremely talented son...
- Jean Ulmer Gaskin: Chip, you and Rocky turned out to be wonderful men...
- jonathan makeley: Jim Hedges 2016 If you would like to join the Proh...
- Bet Rob: I came into town over the weekend to ride part of ...
- RT @wcbiweather: The heat index has surpassed 100 in many spots today. Stay cool out there! #mswx #alwx #wcbi http://t.co/Lt2LRZTDcm 4 years ago
- RT @dennisseid: OSHA: 24 work-related deaths in Miss. last year http://t.co/lgEYYtK7ZR 4 years ago
- Speech pathologists work to better communication skills | Monroe Journal http://t.co/lyHLvb0OS1 4 years ago
- Mumford & Sons bassist has blood clot on brain http://t.co/4xNLMhxaif 4 years ago
- Mobile home fire claims one | Itawamba Times http://t.co/FHouwxbnsp 4 years ago