WREN – Betty Dixon McAfee, 72, died on Wednesday, Feb. 12, 2014, at North Mississippi Medical Center in Tupelo. Born on June 10, 1941, in Wren, she was the daughter of the late Raymond and Josie Moss Dixon.
She attended Wren School and graduated from Amory High School, Class of 1960. On June 12, 1960, she married Halbert McAfee. Before becoming a homemaker, she worked in the local garment industry and at Cramco. She was a member of Meadowood Baptist Church. A very special and wonderful wife and mother who had a big heart, she loved her pets, Rebel and Sugar; working in her flowers; cooking; traveling to Panama City on family trips; and bluegrass and gospel music.
Survivors include her husband of 53 years, Halbert McAfee, Wren; daughter, Renee McAfee and companion, William Gilmore, Wren; sister-in-law, Kaye Calhoun (Bobby), Amory; and special friend, Mabel Pace.
A celebration of life service will be held at 1:30 p.m. Friday, Feb. 14, in Haughton Memorial Park with Dr. Lloyd Sweatt officiating. E.E. Pickle Funeral Home is in charge of arrangements. Everyone is asked to meet at the funeral home at 1:15 p.m. to go in procession.
Pallbearers will be Bobby Calhoun, William Gilmore, Wendell Calhoun, Mike Miller and Ted Beasley.
Visitation will be from 11:30 a.m. to 1:15 p.m. Friday at the funeral home.
Memorials may be given to Amory Humane Society, P.O. Box 218, Amory, MS 38821.
Memories and condolences may be shared with the family at eepicklefuneralhome.com.
- Click to email this to a friend (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to Press This! (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Google+ (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
About Floyd Ingram
- Okolona approves tutorial services, signs promissory note October 18, 2016
- WEEK 10: High School Football Previews October 21, 2016
- POLICE ROUNDUP: Charges upgraded following fatal accident October 21, 2016
- What color is homelessness? October 22, 2016
- WEEK 10: High School Football Scores October 22, 2016
- Signs are illegal in rights-of-way October 25, 2016
- Houston seeks to improve attendance October 24, 2016
- BREAST CANCER: Know your foe October 24, 2016
- Find a lump? Find out what it is! October 24, 2016
- JAY HUGHES: The killing of public education October 23, 2016
- Bet Rob: I came into town over the weekend to ride part of ...
- Jim Garth Horn: Did I miss it or is there anywhere in the article ...
- Americasgone: They have a "no guns" sign on their door. If the...
- Americasgone: This has to be a joke. They have good employees an...
- Jessica Lacy: Leadershipprovides with the opportunity to lead. E...
- RT @wcbiweather: The heat index has surpassed 100 in many spots today. Stay cool out there! #mswx #alwx #wcbi http://t.co/Lt2LRZTDcm 3 years ago
- RT @dennisseid: OSHA: 24 work-related deaths in Miss. last year http://t.co/lgEYYtK7ZR 3 years ago
- Speech pathologists work to better communication skills | Monroe Journal http://t.co/lyHLvb0OS1 3 years ago
- Mumford & Sons bassist has blood clot on brain http://t.co/4xNLMhxaif 3 years ago
- Mobile home fire claims one | Itawamba Times http://t.co/FHouwxbnsp 3 years ago