TUPELO – Ronald Edgar “Ron” Robertson, 61, died Wednesday, Feb. 12, 2014, at his residence following a brief illness. He was born July 22, 1952, in Houston to Boyce E. Robertson and Maynette Whitt Robertson.
He was a patriotic man, serving his country in the U.S. Air Force. He attended Seminary, where he studied the Word of God. He continued his education at barber college, and worked as a barber in Tupelo for 30 years. He worked for Lee County law enforcement for more than 10 years and as a reserve for the Tupelo Police Department. He was employed as a long-haul driver for Ashley Furniture Manufacturing when he passed away. His greatest joy was his family, and he was a loving husband to his wife, Cynda Lee Robertson, who died Jan. 18, 2014. He was an active member at The Orchard UMC.
A celebration of life service will be at 2 p.m. Sunday, Feb. 16, in Tupelo Chapel of Holland Funeral Directors with Dr. Bryan Collier officiating. A graveside service will follow at Pleasant Ridge Cemetery in Woodland. Visitation will be Saturday from 5 to 8 p.m. and Sunday from 1 p.m. to service time.
Survivors include his sons, Ronnie Robertson and Tommy Robertson; his very special daughter-in-law, Tabbatha Robertson, all of Tupelo; and five grandchildren, Peyton Robertson, Parker Robertson, Addison Robertson, Taylor Grantham and Elizabeth Grantham.
He was preceded in death by his wife, Cynda; his parents, Boyce and Maynette; and a brother, Bobby Akins.
Pallbearers will be Tommy Robertson, Peyton Robertson, Parker Robertson, Michael Akins, Corey Akins and Jeremy Akins.
Condolences may be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Click to email this to a friend (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to Press This! (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Google+ (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
About Floyd Ingram
- Museum hosting scavenger hunt February 13, 2017
- City candidates face March 3 deadline February 17, 2017
- Habitat now Fuller Center February 17, 2017
- Semper Fidelis February 17, 2017
- Deputies make several drug arrests February 18, 2017
- BIRTH: Swayze Jo Flora February 19, 2017
- BIRTH: Easton Rhett Dendy February 19, 2017
- WEDDING: Kelly/Moore February 19, 2017
- Turkey harvest reporting planned for spring February 18, 2017
- GLENN MOLLETTE: Americans need help fast February 18, 2017
- June Criddle Linley: I have no problems with making sure students are d...
- Mamabear: I knew this man. He was an extremely talented son...
- Jean Ulmer Gaskin: Chip, you and Rocky turned out to be wonderful men...
- jonathan makeley: Jim Hedges 2016 If you would like to join the Proh...
- Bet Rob: I came into town over the weekend to ride part of ...
- RT @wcbiweather: The heat index has surpassed 100 in many spots today. Stay cool out there! #mswx #alwx #wcbi http://t.co/Lt2LRZTDcm 4 years ago
- RT @dennisseid: OSHA: 24 work-related deaths in Miss. last year http://t.co/lgEYYtK7ZR 4 years ago
- Speech pathologists work to better communication skills | Monroe Journal http://t.co/lyHLvb0OS1 4 years ago
- Mumford & Sons bassist has blood clot on brain http://t.co/4xNLMhxaif 4 years ago
- Mobile home fire claims one | Itawamba Times http://t.co/FHouwxbnsp 4 years ago