Weddle wins Premier Exhibitor at Dixie National
JACKSON – After testing, interviewing and showing at Dixie National competition, C.J. Weddle of Vardaman brought home a nice prize.
Weddle was named Premier Exhibitor for showing goats and was awarded a $2,000 scholarship to the college of her choice.
The Vardaman High School freshman still has a few years to decide where to use her scholarship, but has had plenty of experience with animals and agriculture through her years with Calhoun County 4-H and now FFA.
“I was in the concessionstand during the fairs from the time I was born,” Weddle laughed. “When they built the new building (in Pittsboro), I had a pallet on the floor.”
Weddle’s accomplishment in Jackson at the Dixie National show included testing through ten different stations, showmanship and class judging. As one of the youngest competitors, she earned the highest score, 799.
“She worked really hard on it,” said FFA Advisor Amanda Taylor. “We were up here going over the parts of goats. She studied her tail off.”
In addition to her scholarship, Weddle had brunch with Gov. Phil Bryant.
She said she enjoys both the service and club projects in 4-H and working with animals in FFA.
- Click to email this to a friend (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to Press This! (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Google+ (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
About Lisa Voyles
- Sundancer crosses 2016 Solar Car Challenge finish line July 23, 2016
- Nabors named top home improvement store in state July 18, 2016
- ICC registration underway July 22, 2016
- Homegrown and Houston proud July 23, 2016
- SONNY SCOTT: Real men rise above the status quo July 23, 2016
- Fire burns Thorn home Sunday July 25, 2016
- Scott, Hardin honored by ICC July 24, 2016
- Walker takes second at Pros of Tomorrow July 24, 2016
- Culinary arts teacher opens up new world for students July 24, 2016
- Getting a good start at school July 24, 2016
- Jim Garth Horn: Did I miss it or is there anywhere in the article ...
- Americasgone: They have a "no guns" sign on their door. If the...
- Americasgone: This has to be a joke. They have good employees an...
- Jessica Lacy: Leadershipprovides with the opportunity to lead. E...
- a: Cars with tags from 12 different counties can rout...
- RT @wcbiweather: The heat index has surpassed 100 in many spots today. Stay cool out there! #mswx #alwx #wcbi http://t.co/Lt2LRZTDcm 3 years ago
- RT @dennisseid: OSHA: 24 work-related deaths in Miss. last year http://t.co/lgEYYtK7ZR 3 years ago
- Speech pathologists work to better communication skills | Monroe Journal http://t.co/lyHLvb0OS1 3 years ago
- Mumford & Sons bassist has blood clot on brain http://t.co/4xNLMhxaif 3 years ago
- Mobile home fire claims one | Itawamba Times http://t.co/FHouwxbnsp 3 years ago