TUPELO – Audrey Pearl Westmoreland, 86, died Tuesday, Feb. 18, 2014, at Countrywood Manor after an extended illness. She was born Dec. 25, 1927, in Itawamba County, the daughter of Bernice and Katie Southern Fowler. She was a longtime employee of Lane Furniture, from 1973 until she retired in 1993. She was a faithful member of Gloster Street Church of Christ where she served regularly helping with children and various charity projects. She enjoyed fishing, traveling and gardening. Her family remembers her as a devoted and loving mother, grandmother and great-grandmother.
Services will be 2 p.m. Friday, Feb. 21, at Lee Memorial Funeral Home Chapel. Burial will be in Lee Memorial Park. Lee Memorial Funeral Home is entrusted with arrangements.
Survivors include four children, Jackie Couch (Jim) of Tupelo, Glenda G. Smith of Mantachie, Peggy Joyce Reeves (Ray) of Saltillo and Marjorie P. Harris (Billy) of Okolona; her sister, Dot Rodgers (Charles) of Saltillo; eight grandchildren, Thomas Sheffield of Tupelo, Dean Perry (Kim) of Wren, Kim Ray (Jimmy) of Richmond, Tammy Knox of Alabama, Karen Harris of Okolona, Patricia Hindman (Ronnie) of Nettleton, Sonya Hanna (Jeremy) of Booneville and Dustin Harris of Mantachie; and many great-grandchildren and great-great-grandchildren.
She was preceded in death by her parents and her husband, A.F. Westmoreland.
Pallbearers will be Dustin Harris, Tyler Free, Tracey “Bubba” Baskin, Dalton Kirk Hanna, Tim Rogers, Ronnie Hindman, Danny Fowler and Richard Galaviez.
Visitation will be 12:30 to 2 p.m. Friday.
For online condolences and guest registry, visit www.leememorialonline.com.
- Click to email this to a friend (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to Press This! (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Google+ (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
About Floyd Ingram
- Houston FFA earns One Star Chapter award November 27, 2016
- Okolona airport lands grant December 1, 2016
- Okolona shines at Lighthouse Classic December 1, 2016
- Christmas parades are next week December 2, 2016
- Students chosen for Who’s Who at ICC December 2, 2016
- Turman, Archer inducted to Phi Kappa Phi December 3, 2016
- Una Thanksgiving December 3, 2016
- Houlka Thanksgiving December 3, 2016
- SONNY SCOTT: Religion, politics and my wife’s birthday December 3, 2016
- Hunter orange strictly enforced December 2, 2016
- Jean Ulmer Gaskin: Chip, you and Rocky turned out to be wonderful men...
- jonathan makeley: Jim Hedges 2016 If you would like to join the Proh...
- Bet Rob: I came into town over the weekend to ride part of ...
- Jim Garth Horn: Did I miss it or is there anywhere in the article ...
- Americasgone: They have a "no guns" sign on their door. If the...
- RT @wcbiweather: The heat index has surpassed 100 in many spots today. Stay cool out there! #mswx #alwx #wcbi http://t.co/Lt2LRZTDcm 3 years ago
- RT @dennisseid: OSHA: 24 work-related deaths in Miss. last year http://t.co/lgEYYtK7ZR 3 years ago
- Speech pathologists work to better communication skills | Monroe Journal http://t.co/lyHLvb0OS1 3 years ago
- Mumford & Sons bassist has blood clot on brain http://t.co/4xNLMhxaif 3 years ago
- Mobile home fire claims one | Itawamba Times http://t.co/FHouwxbnsp 3 years ago