LOCAL FOCUS: Frank Smith Body Shop
Putting a dent in your car or truck means you need to call Frank Smith Body Shop in Houston.
Smith has more years in the auto repair business than he want to think about, but that expertise and knowledge of fixing bent automobiles makes him one of the best bodymen around.
Frank Smith Body Shop bills itself as a full-service body shop and can straighten frames, replace car windows and windshields and mend or replace plastic parts. They can also fix those doors on vans and car that no longer work.
The crew at Frank Smith Body Shop uses the latest materials and also repairs fiberglass bodies and replaces plastic molding.
“I’ve been at this location for 25 years and have been straightening and painting cars for much longer than that,” said Smith. “Having a wreck or putting a dent in your new car is not a good thing. We work hard to put a smile on people’s face when they come back to pick up their car or truck.”
Smith said he works will all insurance companies and guarantees good work at a fair price.
But Smith said his specialty is matching paint. He pointed out lots of people can spread bondo and spray paint, but getting your vehicle to look like it did before your wreck requires a professional.
“You have to have a talent for matching paint and I am proud to say my son is one of the best in the business,” said Smith. “Our name is on this business and we do our best to satisfy every customer that walks in the shop.”
The business also sells and can mount toolboxes for pickups. They install vent-visors on the doors of automobiles. They can also install brush guards and off-road accessories on most trucks.
Frank Smith Body Shop
Owner: Frank Smith.
Location: 689-1/2 North Jackson.
Hours: 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Monday through Friday.
Local Focus is a regular business feature of the Chickasaw Journal. Locally owned businesses wanting to be included in Local Focus should call the Chickasaw Journal at 456-3771.
- Click to email this to a friend (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to Press This! (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Google+ (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
About Floyd Ingram
- Sundancer crosses 2016 Solar Car Challenge finish line July 23, 2016
- Solar Team trekking north in Solar Challenge 2016 July 21, 2016
- Authorities seek suspects in two shootings July 25, 2016
- Shearer-Richardson announces expansion July 25, 2016
- Cunningham earns ICC scholarship July 25, 2016
- ICC valedictorian, salutatorian scholars named. July 27, 2016
- Mississippi Showcase features local baseball talent July 27, 2016
- FLOYD INGRAM: Solar racers make us Houston proud July 27, 2016
- Dr. Darrick Whitfield: Don’t be a slacker! July 27, 2016
- Sundancer finishes first, again July 27, 2016
- Jim Garth Horn: Did I miss it or is there anywhere in the article ...
- Americasgone: They have a "no guns" sign on their door. If the...
- Americasgone: This has to be a joke. They have good employees an...
- Jessica Lacy: Leadershipprovides with the opportunity to lead. E...
- a: Cars with tags from 12 different counties can rout...
- RT @wcbiweather: The heat index has surpassed 100 in many spots today. Stay cool out there! #mswx #alwx #wcbi http://t.co/Lt2LRZTDcm 3 years ago
- RT @dennisseid: OSHA: 24 work-related deaths in Miss. last year http://t.co/lgEYYtK7ZR 3 years ago
- Speech pathologists work to better communication skills | Monroe Journal http://t.co/lyHLvb0OS1 3 years ago
- Mumford & Sons bassist has blood clot on brain http://t.co/4xNLMhxaif 3 years ago
- Mobile home fire claims one | Itawamba Times http://t.co/FHouwxbnsp 3 years ago