WEST POINT – Ralph Martin Coggins Sr., 69, passed away on Monday Feb. 24, 2014, at North Mississippi Medical Center-Tupelo. He was born April 24, 1944, to Mattie Pearl Freshour and Charles Albert Coggins.
He was active in outdoor activities, especially hunting and fishing. He was a truck driver for PLI and a member of the coffee club at Tin Lizzie.
Services will be at 1 p.m. Wednesday, Feb. 26, at Robinson Funeral Home Chapel in West Point with the Rev. Jim Sallee and the Rev. Wayne Mathis officiating. Burial will follow in Palestine Cemetery.
He is survived by his wife, Ann Coggins; sons, Marty Coggins (Angie) of West Point, Paul Coggins (Pat) of West Point; daughter, Kathy Williams (Joe) of West Point; brothers, James Clyde Coggins of Fort Valley, Ga., Gene Coggins of Visalia, Calif.; sisters, Geneva Bruce of Swellsdale, Iowa, Anne Coggins of Alaska; 11 grandchildren; and six great-grandchildren.
Pallbearers will be Eddie Scott, Jody Guest, Holden Coggins, Todd Duncan, Daniel Coggins, Carson Williams, Chris Frasier and Ethan Duncan. Honorary pallbearers are Johnny Hamlin, Eddie Gene Lankford, Bob Moore, Jerry Guest, and friends at Tin Lizzy.
Visitation will be from 11 a.m. to service time Wednesday at Robinson Funeral Home.
Memorials may be made to NMMC-Hospice, 426 E. President Ave., Tupelo, MS 38801.
Friends may leave condolences online at robinsonfh.net.
- Hershel Coggins
- Bobby Fitzgerald
- Olivia Bernard
- Halifax police asking for public’s help locating missing 14-year-old girl from Dartmouth
- Cruel Hartlepool nurse gambled £5,000 of dead patient’s cash
- Click to email this to a friend (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to Press This! (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Google+ (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
About Floyd Ingram
- Habitat now Fuller Center February 17, 2017
- EDITORIAL: Crosswalks needed February 16, 2017
- Family Resource Center offers services February 20, 2017
- HUES names Students of the Week February 21, 2017
- WIN Center offers iPhone class February 21, 2017
- EDITORIAL: Tidy up the Trail February 22, 2017
- “Dream Big” February 22, 2017
- Chieftains claim District February 22, 2017
- Wildcats roll out of district February 22, 2017
- One killed in wreck involving ambulance February 21, 2017
- Chris Johnson: Great article! I would note, though, that all Full...
- June Criddle Linley: I have no problems with making sure students are d...
- Mamabear: I knew this man. He was an extremely talented son...
- Jean Ulmer Gaskin: Chip, you and Rocky turned out to be wonderful men...
- jonathan makeley: Jim Hedges 2016 If you would like to join the Proh...
- RT @wcbiweather: The heat index has surpassed 100 in many spots today. Stay cool out there! #mswx #alwx #wcbi http://t.co/Lt2LRZTDcm 4 years ago
- RT @dennisseid: OSHA: 24 work-related deaths in Miss. last year http://t.co/lgEYYtK7ZR 4 years ago
- Speech pathologists work to better communication skills | Monroe Journal http://t.co/lyHLvb0OS1 4 years ago
- Mumford & Sons bassist has blood clot on brain http://t.co/4xNLMhxaif 4 years ago
- Mobile home fire claims one | Itawamba Times http://t.co/FHouwxbnsp 4 years ago