She attended school in Bruce, was a member of Carnation Baptist Church and was a seamstress in the area furniture plants. A fun-loving lady with a great sense of humor, she enjoyed spending time with her family, especially her grandchildren and great-grandchildren. An excellent cook, she also enjoyed gardening, sewing, shopping and amassing a large collection of cookbooks.
Survivors include her mother, Wilma Ivy Bailey of Bruce; daughters, Tonya Miller (William “Cricket” Miller) of Nettleton and Sonya Shaw (Eddie) of Columbus; son, J.W. Posey (Mary Ann) of Amory; brothers, Charles Bailey of Bruce and Bill Bailey (Debra) of Calhoun City; grandchildren, Cyndi Ray, Steven Edington, Dustin Edington, April Miller, Summer Rushing, Danielle Hood, Shawn Shaw, Lance Hood, Justin Posey, Hannah Posey and Bailey Wood; 25 great-grandchildren; one great-great-granddaughter; and a host of nieces and nephews.
In addition to her father, she is preceded in death by a daughter, Donna Posey Cook; son, John Wood; and brother, Larry Bailey.
A celebration of life service with be held at 11 a.m. Thursday, Feb. 27, at E.E. Pickle Funeral Home with Bro. Rob Westbrook officiating. Burial will follow in Mt. Moriah Cemetery in Bruce.
Pallbearers will be Steven Edington, Dustin Edington, Lance Hood, Cody Hood, Justin Posey and Steven Ray.
Visitation will be from 5 to 8 p.m. Wednesday at the funeral home.
Memories and condolences may be shared with the family at eepicklefuneralhome.com.
- Click to email this to a friend (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to Press This! (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Google+ (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
About Floyd Ingram
- Getting a good start at school July 24, 2016
- Sundancer finishes first, again July 27, 2016
- Dr. Darrick Whitfield: Don’t be a slacker! July 27, 2016
- FLOYD INGRAM: Solar racers make us Houston proud July 27, 2016
- Mississippi Showcase features local baseball talent July 27, 2016
- Tending to business July 30, 2016
- Praying for peace and unity July 30, 2016
- Okolona trustees approve summer programs July 29, 2016
- Houlka’s Tyreque Reed name Legion MVP July 28, 2016
- County, city seek road costs for three streets July 28, 2016
- Jim Garth Horn: Did I miss it or is there anywhere in the article ...
- Americasgone: They have a "no guns" sign on their door. If the...
- Americasgone: This has to be a joke. They have good employees an...
- Jessica Lacy: Leadershipprovides with the opportunity to lead. E...
- a: Cars with tags from 12 different counties can rout...
- RT @wcbiweather: The heat index has surpassed 100 in many spots today. Stay cool out there! #mswx #alwx #wcbi http://t.co/Lt2LRZTDcm 3 years ago
- RT @dennisseid: OSHA: 24 work-related deaths in Miss. last year http://t.co/lgEYYtK7ZR 3 years ago
- Speech pathologists work to better communication skills | Monroe Journal http://t.co/lyHLvb0OS1 3 years ago
- Mumford & Sons bassist has blood clot on brain http://t.co/4xNLMhxaif 3 years ago
- Mobile home fire claims one | Itawamba Times http://t.co/FHouwxbnsp 3 years ago