LOCAL FOCUS: Rutherford Chiropractic
Pain steals the joy from life, but Rutherford Chiropractic Neurology Center offers treatments and procedures that can often provide relief.
Opening his offices in Houston in the summer of 2012, Dr. Joseph L. Rutherford, a chiropractic neurologist, brings 13-years of experience and the latest technique to the red brick building in downtown Houston.
“As a 10-year-old I had headaches that were not being cured,” said Dr. Rutherford. “My mother and grandmother decided to take me to a chiropractor. Not having headaches made me a believer and started down the road in this profession.”
Rutherford said in any field of medicine, the proof is in the pudding.
“If a doctor can’t take away your pain and help you with your condition, you need to find another doctor,” said Rutherford. “I treat people for pain and discomfort every day and they leave here feeling better.”
Chiropractic Neurology is a subspecialty of chiropractic practice. The healing art is defined by therapies and applications that are performed without the use of drugs or surgery.
Rutherford is board certified by the American Chiropractic Neurology Board (ACNB). He received his education and training at Life University in Atlanta, the nations largest and most prestigious chiropractic school.
“Adjustments and decompression make up the bulk of what we do,” said Rutherford. “Most people come to us with back pain, but we are often referred by doctors for a variety of reasons.”
Rutherford said his office has one of the few decompression tables in the area.
“Most of what we do revolves around the spine,” said Rutherford. “Using the decompression table stretches the back out and takes pressure off disks. That usually takes away the pain.”
Rutherford said he then uses his knowledge – and his hands — to make sure the back is aligned properly.
“I have treated people who have suffered back pain for years,” said Rutherford. “The spine is designed to move and when a pinched nerve and the pain it brings stops you from moving in a certain fashion more trouble soon starts.”
Rutherford urged those with back pain and pain in major joints to call for an appointment.
“Men are the worst and will put up with back pain for years before they come to me,” said Rutherford. “I always wish they would come to be sooner. They don’t have to live with pain.”
Rutherford and his wife Lisa operate their clinic in Houston and Rutherford prides himself in the relationships he has built with his patients.
Local Focus is a regular business feature of the Chickasaw Journal. Locally owned businesses wanting to be included in Local Focus should call the Chickasaw Journal at 456-3771.
- Why Seek The Help Of Chiropractic Care Coquitlam Area
- 1 in 3 Chiropractors Face Claims – Find Protection
- Chiropractic for wellness
- Make your body feel great with natural treatments
- How A Miami Chiropractor Alleviates Headaches Naturally With Chiropractic
- Going to the Chiropractor
- Click to email this to a friend (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to Press This! (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Google+ (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
About Floyd Ingram
- Houston FFA earns One Star Chapter award November 27, 2016
- Okolona airport lands grant December 1, 2016
- Okolona shines at Lighthouse Classic December 1, 2016
- Christmas parades are next week December 2, 2016
- Students chosen for Who’s Who at ICC December 2, 2016
- Turman, Archer inducted to Phi Kappa Phi December 3, 2016
- Una Thanksgiving December 3, 2016
- Houlka Thanksgiving December 3, 2016
- SONNY SCOTT: Religion, politics and my wife’s birthday December 3, 2016
- Hunter orange strictly enforced December 2, 2016
- Jean Ulmer Gaskin: Chip, you and Rocky turned out to be wonderful men...
- jonathan makeley: Jim Hedges 2016 If you would like to join the Proh...
- Bet Rob: I came into town over the weekend to ride part of ...
- Jim Garth Horn: Did I miss it or is there anywhere in the article ...
- Americasgone: They have a "no guns" sign on their door. If the...
- RT @wcbiweather: The heat index has surpassed 100 in many spots today. Stay cool out there! #mswx #alwx #wcbi http://t.co/Lt2LRZTDcm 3 years ago
- RT @dennisseid: OSHA: 24 work-related deaths in Miss. last year http://t.co/lgEYYtK7ZR 3 years ago
- Speech pathologists work to better communication skills | Monroe Journal http://t.co/lyHLvb0OS1 3 years ago
- Mumford & Sons bassist has blood clot on brain http://t.co/4xNLMhxaif 3 years ago
- Mobile home fire claims one | Itawamba Times http://t.co/FHouwxbnsp 3 years ago