CALHOUN CITY – Pervie LaDale “”Dale”” Weeks, 76, died Tuesday, March 4, 2014, at North Mississippi Medical Center in Eupora. He was born May 31, 1937, in Slate Springs to Leroy Weeks and Ouida Latham Weeks.
He was a retired chief investigator for the State of Mississippi. He was a member of Bethany Baptist Church and a veteran of the Vietnam War. He was the current mayor of Slate Springs and a current colonel in the Mississippi National Guard. He was a member of the American Legion and the Masonic Lodge in Slate Springs. He was past president of the Calhoun County Shriner Club and past president of the Calhoun County Woodmen of the World.
Survivors include one daughter, Tanya Weeks (Scott) Land of Jacksonville, Fla.; one son, Timothy Del (Beth) Weeks of Houston; two grandchildren, Taylor Land and Spencer Land.
He was preceded in death by his parents and a brother, Jessie Weeks.
Services will be at 2 p.m. Friday, March 7, at Pryor Funeral Home Chapel in Calhoun City. The Rev. Anthony Stevenson, the Rev. Jimmy Vance and the Rev. Wilson Webb will officiate. Burial will be in Bethany Cemetery in Slate Springs.
Visitation will be from noon to 2 p.m. Friday at the funeral home.
Pallbearers will be Lonnie Gregg, James Weeks, Stanley Criss, Shelton Williams, Thomas E. Latham and Barney Wade. Honorary pallbearers will be the Calhoun County Shriner Club members.
Online condolences can be left at Pryorfuneralhome.com.
- Tom Doolittle
- James Bowling
- Eva Marter
- Life Insurance Quotes In Mississippi
- Calhoun hosting skills extravaganza today for Alabama high schoolers
- Glen O. Duke
- Calhoun, Crimestoppers Best in State
- Photo gallery: Baldwyn 31, Eupora 14
- Click to email this to a friend (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to Press This! (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Google+ (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
About Floyd Ingram
- Houston FFA earns One Star Chapter award November 27, 2016
- Okolona airport lands grant December 1, 2016
- Okolona shines at Lighthouse Classic December 1, 2016
- Christmas parades are next week December 2, 2016
- Students chosen for Who’s Who at ICC December 2, 2016
- Turman, Archer inducted to Phi Kappa Phi December 3, 2016
- Una Thanksgiving December 3, 2016
- Houlka Thanksgiving December 3, 2016
- SONNY SCOTT: Religion, politics and my wife’s birthday December 3, 2016
- Hunter orange strictly enforced December 2, 2016
- Jean Ulmer Gaskin: Chip, you and Rocky turned out to be wonderful men...
- jonathan makeley: Jim Hedges 2016 If you would like to join the Proh...
- Bet Rob: I came into town over the weekend to ride part of ...
- Jim Garth Horn: Did I miss it or is there anywhere in the article ...
- Americasgone: They have a "no guns" sign on their door. If the...
- RT @wcbiweather: The heat index has surpassed 100 in many spots today. Stay cool out there! #mswx #alwx #wcbi http://t.co/Lt2LRZTDcm 3 years ago
- RT @dennisseid: OSHA: 24 work-related deaths in Miss. last year http://t.co/lgEYYtK7ZR 3 years ago
- Speech pathologists work to better communication skills | Monroe Journal http://t.co/lyHLvb0OS1 3 years ago
- Mumford & Sons bassist has blood clot on brain http://t.co/4xNLMhxaif 3 years ago
- Mobile home fire claims one | Itawamba Times http://t.co/FHouwxbnsp 3 years ago