CALHOUN CITY – Pervie LaDale “”Dale”” Weeks, 76, died Tuesday, March 4, 2014, at North Mississippi Medical Center in Eupora. He was born May 31, 1937, in Slate Springs to Leroy Weeks and Ouida Latham Weeks.
He was a retired chief investigator for the State of Mississippi. He was a member of Bethany Baptist Church and a veteran of the Vietnam War. He was the current mayor of Slate Springs and a current colonel in the Mississippi National Guard. He was a member of the American Legion and the Masonic Lodge in Slate Springs. He was past president of the Calhoun County Shriner Club and past president of the Calhoun County Woodmen of the World.
Survivors include one daughter, Tanya Weeks (Scott) Land of Jacksonville, Fla.; one son, Timothy Del (Beth) Weeks of Houston; two grandchildren, Taylor Land and Spencer Land.
He was preceded in death by his parents and a brother, Jessie Weeks.
Services will be at 2 p.m. Friday, March 7, at Pryor Funeral Home Chapel in Calhoun City. The Rev. Anthony Stevenson, the Rev. Jimmy Vance and the Rev. Wilson Webb will officiate. Burial will be in Bethany Cemetery in Slate Springs.
Visitation will be from noon to 2 p.m. Friday at the funeral home.
Pallbearers will be Lonnie Gregg, James Weeks, Stanley Criss, Shelton Williams, Thomas E. Latham and Barney Wade. Honorary pallbearers will be the Calhoun County Shriner Club members.
Online condolences can be left at Pryorfuneralhome.com.
- Tom Doolittle
- James Bowling
- Eva Marter
- Life Insurance Quotes In Mississippi
- Calhoun hosting skills extravaganza today for Alabama high schoolers
- Glen O. Duke
- Calhoun, Crimestoppers Best in State
- Photo gallery: Baldwyn 31, Eupora 14
- Click to email this to a friend (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to Press This! (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Google+ (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
About Floyd Ingram
- Sundancer crosses 2016 Solar Car Challenge finish line July 23, 2016
- EDITORIAL: Support for Solar Car July 22, 2016
- Cunningham earns ICC scholarship July 25, 2016
- ETHAN TURNER: A note to the fans July 26, 2016
- Weston Reed Foundation to offer free physicals July 26, 2016
- Houlka’s Tyreque Reed name Legion MVP July 28, 2016
- County, city seek road costs for three streets July 28, 2016
- ICC valedictorian, salutatorian scholars named. July 27, 2016
- Mississippi Showcase features local baseball talent July 27, 2016
- FLOYD INGRAM: Solar racers make us Houston proud July 27, 2016
- Jim Garth Horn: Did I miss it or is there anywhere in the article ...
- Americasgone: They have a "no guns" sign on their door. If the...
- Americasgone: This has to be a joke. They have good employees an...
- Jessica Lacy: Leadershipprovides with the opportunity to lead. E...
- a: Cars with tags from 12 different counties can rout...
- RT @wcbiweather: The heat index has surpassed 100 in many spots today. Stay cool out there! #mswx #alwx #wcbi http://t.co/Lt2LRZTDcm 3 years ago
- RT @dennisseid: OSHA: 24 work-related deaths in Miss. last year http://t.co/lgEYYtK7ZR 3 years ago
- Speech pathologists work to better communication skills | Monroe Journal http://t.co/lyHLvb0OS1 3 years ago
- Mumford & Sons bassist has blood clot on brain http://t.co/4xNLMhxaif 3 years ago
- Mobile home fire claims one | Itawamba Times http://t.co/FHouwxbnsp 3 years ago