Lady Eagles wrap in Overall
The blue and gold of Hebron Christian School was highly visible throughout the 2013-14 basketball season as both the boy’s and girl’s team made the State playoffs and the Lady Eagles took their game one step further.
The Hebron girls placed third in their division at State, earning them a berth in the Overall Tournament. Although they took a loss to Leake Academy, coach Bruce Franks was complimentary of their achievements.
“They realy overachieved, much more than I thought they would,” Franks said. “And that lets me know what they are capable of doing. I don’t think they realized how good Leake was, but going in they were the number two school in the state.”
In his first year coaching at Hebron, Franks found a lot of positive elements in his youthful teams and has big plans for the future.
“I’m proud of what they achieved,” Frank said. “A lot of hard work and listening and doing what they were told paid off. In this first year, there were a lot of things we didn’t implement, but we will next year.”
Franks credited his seniors, Alaina Hill, Subrina Oswalt, Hayden Carty and Brandon England for the leadership abilities and thanked the school and team parents for their support.
“We’ve got the bar set high for next year,” Franks said.
n Subrina Oswalt, Alaina Hill and Hayden Carty were selected to the All Star game for seniors and will play March 7 at Jackson Preparatory School. The girls game is at 11 a.m. and the boys will follow at 12:45 p.m.
n Oswalt and Rebekah Falkner were selected to the All State Tournament team.
n Franks was selected District Coach of the Year and North A Boy’s All Star Coach
- Click to email this to a friend (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to Press This! (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Google+ (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
About Lisa Voyles
- Sundancer crosses 2016 Solar Car Challenge finish line July 23, 2016
- EDITORIAL: Support for Solar Car July 22, 2016
- Cunningham earns ICC scholarship July 25, 2016
- ETHAN TURNER: A note to the fans July 26, 2016
- Weston Reed Foundation to offer free physicals July 26, 2016
- Okolona trustees approve summer programs July 29, 2016
- Houlka’s Tyreque Reed name Legion MVP July 28, 2016
- County, city seek road costs for three streets July 28, 2016
- ICC valedictorian, salutatorian scholars named. July 27, 2016
- Mississippi Showcase features local baseball talent July 27, 2016
- Jim Garth Horn: Did I miss it or is there anywhere in the article ...
- Americasgone: They have a "no guns" sign on their door. If the...
- Americasgone: This has to be a joke. They have good employees an...
- Jessica Lacy: Leadershipprovides with the opportunity to lead. E...
- a: Cars with tags from 12 different counties can rout...
- RT @wcbiweather: The heat index has surpassed 100 in many spots today. Stay cool out there! #mswx #alwx #wcbi http://t.co/Lt2LRZTDcm 3 years ago
- RT @dennisseid: OSHA: 24 work-related deaths in Miss. last year http://t.co/lgEYYtK7ZR 3 years ago
- Speech pathologists work to better communication skills | Monroe Journal http://t.co/lyHLvb0OS1 3 years ago
- Mumford & Sons bassist has blood clot on brain http://t.co/4xNLMhxaif 3 years ago
- Mobile home fire claims one | Itawamba Times http://t.co/FHouwxbnsp 3 years ago