LETTER TO EDITOR: Renee Davis
I serve on the board of the Thorn Volunteer Fire Department, and I know how important a fire department is to the community. However, when my family was on the receiving end of your service, I was overwhelmed at how thrilled I was to see you driving up, and how I felt everything would be okay once you arrived.Yes, it was “only” our shop that was on fire and not our home…but, that shop was important to us, and we were so thankful you were there to help!
The experience made me acutely aware of how blessed we are to have a group of volunteers in our community who come running when the call goes out. Thank you, that you, for being ready when we needed your help! We are so appreciative to not only the Thorn Volunteer Fire Department, but also to Houston, Rhodes Chapel and Woodland firefighters. THANK YOU for your dedication and professionalism. You reponded quickly and had the fire under control in record time. We are blessed to have a group of family and neighbors who are ready to help when disaster strikes.
I especially want to thank Daniel Black and Devon Baker for jumping in and helping us move Keith’s equipment out of the shop. Also, THANK YOU! Melissa Moore for having prayer with me and calming my nerves when you heard what had happened. And finally, thank you, Will for putting your training into action, calling 911 as soon as you saw the smoke, and dressing out ready to grab the fire hose as soon as the truck arrived. I know your quick response made a big difference in getting the fire under control. You made Mama and Daddy proud!
Thank you all for your dedication! You are my heroes!!!
1794 CR 405,Houston
- Click to email this to a friend (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to Press This! (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Google+ (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
About Floyd Ingram
- Sundancer crosses 2016 Solar Car Challenge finish line July 23, 2016
- Homegrown and Houston proud July 23, 2016
- Eaton Automotive finishes season July 26, 2016
- EDITORIAL: Testing our schoolsEDITORIAL: Testing our schools July 27, 2016
- Sundancer finishes first, again July 27, 2016
- Praying for peace and unity July 30, 2016
- Okolona trustees approve summer programs July 29, 2016
- Houlka’s Tyreque Reed name Legion MVP July 28, 2016
- County, city seek road costs for three streets July 28, 2016
- ICC valedictorian, salutatorian scholars named. July 27, 2016
- Jim Garth Horn: Did I miss it or is there anywhere in the article ...
- Americasgone: They have a "no guns" sign on their door. If the...
- Americasgone: This has to be a joke. They have good employees an...
- Jessica Lacy: Leadershipprovides with the opportunity to lead. E...
- a: Cars with tags from 12 different counties can rout...
- RT @wcbiweather: The heat index has surpassed 100 in many spots today. Stay cool out there! #mswx #alwx #wcbi http://t.co/Lt2LRZTDcm 3 years ago
- RT @dennisseid: OSHA: 24 work-related deaths in Miss. last year http://t.co/lgEYYtK7ZR 3 years ago
- Speech pathologists work to better communication skills | Monroe Journal http://t.co/lyHLvb0OS1 3 years ago
- Mumford & Sons bassist has blood clot on brain http://t.co/4xNLMhxaif 3 years ago
- Mobile home fire claims one | Itawamba Times http://t.co/FHouwxbnsp 3 years ago