LETTER TO EDITOR: Renee Davis
I serve on the board of the Thorn Volunteer Fire Department, and I know how important a fire department is to the community. However, when my family was on the receiving end of your service, I was overwhelmed at how thrilled I was to see you driving up, and how I felt everything would be okay once you arrived.Yes, it was “only” our shop that was on fire and not our home…but, that shop was important to us, and we were so thankful you were there to help!
The experience made me acutely aware of how blessed we are to have a group of volunteers in our community who come running when the call goes out. Thank you, that you, for being ready when we needed your help! We are so appreciative to not only the Thorn Volunteer Fire Department, but also to Houston, Rhodes Chapel and Woodland firefighters. THANK YOU for your dedication and professionalism. You reponded quickly and had the fire under control in record time. We are blessed to have a group of family and neighbors who are ready to help when disaster strikes.
I especially want to thank Daniel Black and Devon Baker for jumping in and helping us move Keith’s equipment out of the shop. Also, THANK YOU! Melissa Moore for having prayer with me and calming my nerves when you heard what had happened. And finally, thank you, Will for putting your training into action, calling 911 as soon as you saw the smoke, and dressing out ready to grab the fire hose as soon as the truck arrived. I know your quick response made a big difference in getting the fire under control. You made Mama and Daddy proud!
Thank you all for your dedication! You are my heroes!!!
1794 CR 405,Houston
- Click to email this to a friend (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to Press This! (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Google+ (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
About Floyd Ingram
- WEDDING: Kelly/Moore February 19, 2017
- EDITORIAL: Tidy up the Trail February 22, 2017
- Correctional Facility revenue reviewed February 23, 2017
- FLOYD INGRAM: Looking at the future February 23, 2017
- Growing our future with AEST February 23, 2017
- Lady Hilltoppers ready for more February 25, 2017
- MDWFP crappie regulation being enforced February 25, 2017
- GLENN MOLLETTE: Hard work, right living equals singing, dancing February 25, 2017
- A Day Without Immigrants felt in Vardaman February 25, 2017
- Hilltoppers are ready to roll February 24, 2017
- Chris Johnson: Great article! I would note, though, that all Full...
- June Criddle Linley: I have no problems with making sure students are d...
- Mamabear: I knew this man. He was an extremely talented son...
- Jean Ulmer Gaskin: Chip, you and Rocky turned out to be wonderful men...
- jonathan makeley: Jim Hedges 2016 If you would like to join the Proh...
- RT @wcbiweather: The heat index has surpassed 100 in many spots today. Stay cool out there! #mswx #alwx #wcbi http://t.co/Lt2LRZTDcm 4 years ago
- RT @dennisseid: OSHA: 24 work-related deaths in Miss. last year http://t.co/lgEYYtK7ZR 4 years ago
- Speech pathologists work to better communication skills | Monroe Journal http://t.co/lyHLvb0OS1 4 years ago
- Mumford & Sons bassist has blood clot on brain http://t.co/4xNLMhxaif 4 years ago
- Mobile home fire claims one | Itawamba Times http://t.co/FHouwxbnsp 4 years ago