Accident at Egypt snarls Hwy. 45A
Sgt. Criss Turnipseed, spokesman for the Mississippi Highway Patrol said an 18-wheeler attempted to drive around a tractor towing hay and apparently clipped the tractor. The impact flipped the tractor and forced the 18-wheeler in to the ditch.
Jackie Ray, 64, of Okolona, and the driver of the tractor was tranported to North Mississippi Medical Center in Tupelo and treated for non life threatening injuries.
Turnipseed said a white 2009 International Semi owned by Southern Delivery Inc. and driven by Otis Riley Jr., 52, of Kosciusko rear-ended the tractor driven by Ray. Ray was pinned underneath his tractor and the semi ran off the east side of the highway, but Riley was not injured in the accident.
The accident happened around 11:40 a.m. on Hwy. 45A just north of the Monroe County line in Chickasaw County. Traffic was snarled at the scene for several hours.
Turnipseed said no citation was issued.
One dead in Pontotoc County crash
A one-vehicle crash in Pontotoc County on Mississippi Highway 334 killed a woman Thursday.
Mississippi Highway Patrol Trooper Ray Hall said Angela Gordon, 47, of Pontotoc, was driving east in her 2002 Ford Taurus when she apparently lost control of the car and overturned. The crash happened about 8:10 p.m.
Gordon had to be extricated from her vehicle and died at the scene from her injuries.
- Click to email this to a friend (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to Press This! (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Google+ (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
About Floyd Ingram
- Sundancer crosses 2016 Solar Car Challenge finish line July 23, 2016
- Nabors named top home improvement store in state July 18, 2016
- ICC registration underway July 22, 2016
- Homegrown and Houston proud July 23, 2016
- SONNY SCOTT: Real men rise above the status quo July 23, 2016
- Fire burns Thorn home Sunday July 25, 2016
- Scott, Hardin honored by ICC July 24, 2016
- Walker takes second at Pros of Tomorrow July 24, 2016
- Culinary arts teacher opens up new world for students July 24, 2016
- Getting a good start at school July 24, 2016
- Jim Garth Horn: Did I miss it or is there anywhere in the article ...
- Americasgone: They have a "no guns" sign on their door. If the...
- Americasgone: This has to be a joke. They have good employees an...
- Jessica Lacy: Leadershipprovides with the opportunity to lead. E...
- a: Cars with tags from 12 different counties can rout...
- RT @wcbiweather: The heat index has surpassed 100 in many spots today. Stay cool out there! #mswx #alwx #wcbi http://t.co/Lt2LRZTDcm 3 years ago
- RT @dennisseid: OSHA: 24 work-related deaths in Miss. last year http://t.co/lgEYYtK7ZR 3 years ago
- Speech pathologists work to better communication skills | Monroe Journal http://t.co/lyHLvb0OS1 3 years ago
- Mumford & Sons bassist has blood clot on brain http://t.co/4xNLMhxaif 3 years ago
- Mobile home fire claims one | Itawamba Times http://t.co/FHouwxbnsp 3 years ago