Rams take two
The Vardaman Rams headed north to West Union for tournament action over the weekend, coming up with two wins for their efforts.
The Rams won over the hosting Eagles, 4-3, with Ty Long getting the win on the hill.
Long helped himself with a double and Dalton Huffman added a double. Brandon Washington had a hit and Chase Owens had two hits and scored twice.
In the second game, the Rams got a come-from-behind win in eight innings as they beat Walnut 7-6. Kemp Edmondson got the win on the mound.
“I was pretty tickled with them,” said coach Boo Griffin. “I knew they were tired. We’d already played a game and were down 3-6, but they fought back, tied it and went to the extra inning.”
Chase Owens, Allen Hendrix, Edmondson and Trae Owens each had two hits and Trae Owens scored the winning run in the top of the eighth.
Walker had three hits and Kent Casey added a double.
The Rams started the week at 4-1, heading to the East Webster tournament Monday and hosting a round-robin with Hebron and Calhoun City March 15.
- Click to email this to a friend (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to Press This! (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Google+ (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
About Lisa Voyles
- WEDDING: Kelly/Moore February 19, 2017
- EDITORIAL: Tidy up the Trail February 22, 2017
- Correctional Facility revenue reviewed February 23, 2017
- FLOYD INGRAM: Looking at the future February 23, 2017
- Growing our future with AEST February 23, 2017
- Lady Hilltoppers ready for more February 25, 2017
- MDWFP crappie regulation being enforced February 25, 2017
- GLENN MOLLETTE: Hard work, right living equals singing, dancing February 25, 2017
- A Day Without Immigrants felt in Vardaman February 25, 2017
- Hilltoppers are ready to roll February 24, 2017
- Chris Johnson: Great article! I would note, though, that all Full...
- June Criddle Linley: I have no problems with making sure students are d...
- Mamabear: I knew this man. He was an extremely talented son...
- Jean Ulmer Gaskin: Chip, you and Rocky turned out to be wonderful men...
- jonathan makeley: Jim Hedges 2016 If you would like to join the Proh...
- RT @wcbiweather: The heat index has surpassed 100 in many spots today. Stay cool out there! #mswx #alwx #wcbi http://t.co/Lt2LRZTDcm 4 years ago
- RT @dennisseid: OSHA: 24 work-related deaths in Miss. last year http://t.co/lgEYYtK7ZR 4 years ago
- Speech pathologists work to better communication skills | Monroe Journal http://t.co/lyHLvb0OS1 4 years ago
- Mumford & Sons bassist has blood clot on brain http://t.co/4xNLMhxaif 4 years ago
- Mobile home fire claims one | Itawamba Times http://t.co/FHouwxbnsp 4 years ago