Wide load heads up 45A Saturday
The route will include U.S. Highway 45A and U.S. Highway 45 and is one of several massive boilers that have been moved from is fabrication bay at B&W in West Point to the Tennessee state line.
The 228-ton load is 21 feet wide and 204 feet long, weighs approximately 456,000-pounds and meets the legal height of 13.5 feet, MDOT said.
MDOT permits indicate the load will be escorted by civilian and law enforcement escorts at both front and back as it moves along state highways.
An accident involving a tractor and 18-wheeler on Thursday has prompted authorities to ask motorists who spot the load to slow down and exercise caution when moving around the load. Drivers of motor vehicles should not attempt to take photographs of the load while driving.
- Accident at Egypt snarls Hwy. 45A
- Okolona Man Injured After Wagon Is Hit By 18-Wheeler
- ‘Super load’ to travel highways 45, 45A
- Why 500,000 Dump Truck Accidents Happen Each Year
- MDOT to close Hwy. 41 in Okolona
- Click to email this to a friend (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to Press This! (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Google+ (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
About Floyd Ingram
- Okolona tightens city policies April 18, 2017
- Man convicted in Okolona shooting April 21, 2017
- Lifecore book drive says thank you April 21, 2017
- GLENN MOLETTE: America and shooting back April 22, 2017
- TEACHER OF THE WEEK! April 22, 2017
- Senior citizen seminar set April 25, 2017
- Principal John Ellison honored by state April 24, 2017
- Houston correcting SPED complaints April 24, 2017
- Dollar General Ribbon Cutting April 23, 2017
- Certified Nurse Assistance Class seeks applicants April 23, 2017
- Winford White: I totally disagree with your schools consolidation...
- Winford White: That is good News for Okolona. Or shall we say, it...
- Winford White: I strongly agree! if someone can afford to pay a T...
- Winford White: Keep up the good works Chickasaw County because th...
- Winford White: Winford White, CPC - Winford's Consulting : It is...
- RT @wcbiweather: The heat index has surpassed 100 in many spots today. Stay cool out there! #mswx #alwx #wcbi http://t.co/Lt2LRZTDcm 4 years ago
- RT @dennisseid: OSHA: 24 work-related deaths in Miss. last year http://t.co/lgEYYtK7ZR 4 years ago
- Speech pathologists work to better communication skills | Monroe Journal http://t.co/lyHLvb0OS1 4 years ago
- Mumford & Sons bassist has blood clot on brain http://t.co/4xNLMhxaif 4 years ago
- Mobile home fire claims one | Itawamba Times http://t.co/FHouwxbnsp 4 years ago