Wide load heads up 45A Saturday
The route will include U.S. Highway 45A and U.S. Highway 45 and is one of several massive boilers that have been moved from is fabrication bay at B&W in West Point to the Tennessee state line.
The 228-ton load is 21 feet wide and 204 feet long, weighs approximately 456,000-pounds and meets the legal height of 13.5 feet, MDOT said.
MDOT permits indicate the load will be escorted by civilian and law enforcement escorts at both front and back as it moves along state highways.
An accident involving a tractor and 18-wheeler on Thursday has prompted authorities to ask motorists who spot the load to slow down and exercise caution when moving around the load. Drivers of motor vehicles should not attempt to take photographs of the load while driving.
- Accident at Egypt snarls Hwy. 45A
- Okolona Man Injured After Wagon Is Hit By 18-Wheeler
- ‘Super load’ to travel highways 45, 45A
- Why 500,000 Dump Truck Accidents Happen Each Year
- MDOT to close Hwy. 41 in Okolona
- Click to email this to a friend (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to Press This! (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Google+ (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
About Floyd Ingram
- GLENN MOLLETTE: Preserving life, a little longer March 18, 2017
- Lady Rams fight for comeback win March 22, 2017
- Extra Innings! March 22, 2017
- McQuary throws in SEC tilt March 22, 2017
- Two arrested, charged in Clay County murders March 22, 2017
- Ribbon Cutting; Ava Michaels Boutique March 25, 2017
- Medical care answers for America March 25, 2017
- Truck recovered in Pontotoc March 24, 2017
- Manufacturing skills class offered March 24, 2017
- Houlka names new principal March 24, 2017
- Chris Johnson: Great article! I would note, though, that all Full...
- June Criddle Linley: I have no problems with making sure students are d...
- Mamabear: I knew this man. He was an extremely talented son...
- Jean Ulmer Gaskin: Chip, you and Rocky turned out to be wonderful men...
- jonathan makeley: Jim Hedges 2016 If you would like to join the Proh...
- RT @wcbiweather: The heat index has surpassed 100 in many spots today. Stay cool out there! #mswx #alwx #wcbi http://t.co/Lt2LRZTDcm 4 years ago
- RT @dennisseid: OSHA: 24 work-related deaths in Miss. last year http://t.co/lgEYYtK7ZR 4 years ago
- Speech pathologists work to better communication skills | Monroe Journal http://t.co/lyHLvb0OS1 4 years ago
- Mumford & Sons bassist has blood clot on brain http://t.co/4xNLMhxaif 4 years ago
- Mobile home fire claims one | Itawamba Times http://t.co/FHouwxbnsp 4 years ago