Wide load heads up 45A Saturday
The route will include U.S. Highway 45A and U.S. Highway 45 and is one of several massive boilers that have been moved from is fabrication bay at B&W in West Point to the Tennessee state line.
The 228-ton load is 21 feet wide and 204 feet long, weighs approximately 456,000-pounds and meets the legal height of 13.5 feet, MDOT said.
MDOT permits indicate the load will be escorted by civilian and law enforcement escorts at both front and back as it moves along state highways.
An accident involving a tractor and 18-wheeler on Thursday has prompted authorities to ask motorists who spot the load to slow down and exercise caution when moving around the load. Drivers of motor vehicles should not attempt to take photographs of the load while driving.
- Accident at Egypt snarls Hwy. 45A
- Okolona Man Injured After Wagon Is Hit By 18-Wheeler
- ‘Super load’ to travel highways 45, 45A
- Why 500,000 Dump Truck Accidents Happen Each Year
- MDOT to close Hwy. 41 in Okolona
- Click to email this to a friend (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to Press This! (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Google+ (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
About Floyd Ingram
- Sundancer crosses 2016 Solar Car Challenge finish line July 23, 2016
- Learning to smile forever July 19, 2016
- SONNY SCOTT: Real men rise above the status quo July 23, 2016
- Please clean up the Carnegie Library July 23, 2016
- Getting a good start at school July 24, 2016
- Cunningham earns ICC scholarship July 25, 2016
- Shearer-Richardson announces expansion July 25, 2016
- Authorities seek suspects in two shootings July 25, 2016
- Fire burns Thorn home Sunday July 25, 2016
- Scott, Hardin honored by ICC July 24, 2016
- Jim Garth Horn: Did I miss it or is there anywhere in the article ...
- Americasgone: They have a "no guns" sign on their door. If the...
- Americasgone: This has to be a joke. They have good employees an...
- Jessica Lacy: Leadershipprovides with the opportunity to lead. E...
- a: Cars with tags from 12 different counties can rout...
- RT @wcbiweather: The heat index has surpassed 100 in many spots today. Stay cool out there! #mswx #alwx #wcbi http://t.co/Lt2LRZTDcm 3 years ago
- RT @dennisseid: OSHA: 24 work-related deaths in Miss. last year http://t.co/lgEYYtK7ZR 3 years ago
- Speech pathologists work to better communication skills | Monroe Journal http://t.co/lyHLvb0OS1 3 years ago
- Mumford & Sons bassist has blood clot on brain http://t.co/4xNLMhxaif 3 years ago
- Mobile home fire claims one | Itawamba Times http://t.co/FHouwxbnsp 3 years ago