New fisheries rules March 26
The Mississippi Department of Wildlife, Fisheries, and Parks (MDWFP) announced several regulation changes that will become effective on March 26.
One of the rule changes bans anglers from using limb lines and set hooks at Lake Washington in Washington County, however, sport fishing trotlines, free floating fishing devices (jugs), and Yo-Yos will be allowed.
Creel limits for the Charles Ray Nix Wildlife Management Area ponds in Panola County will be statewide limits for all fish.
In addition, skiers visiting State Fishing Lakes will be allowed to ski on Memorial Day and the July 4th and Labor Day holidays from noon until sunset.
For more information regarding fishing in Mississippi, visit www.mdwfp.com or call 601-432-2212.
- Click to email this to a friend (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to Press This! (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Google+ (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
About Lisa Voyles
- Sundancer crosses 2016 Solar Car Challenge finish line July 23, 2016
- Homegrown and Houston proud July 23, 2016
- EDITORIAL: Testing our schoolsEDITORIAL: Testing our schools July 27, 2016
- Sundancer finishes first, again July 27, 2016
- Dr. Darrick Whitfield: Don’t be a slacker! July 27, 2016
- Tending to business July 30, 2016
- Praying for peace and unity July 30, 2016
- Okolona trustees approve summer programs July 29, 2016
- Houlka’s Tyreque Reed name Legion MVP July 28, 2016
- County, city seek road costs for three streets July 28, 2016
- Jim Garth Horn: Did I miss it or is there anywhere in the article ...
- Americasgone: They have a "no guns" sign on their door. If the...
- Americasgone: This has to be a joke. They have good employees an...
- Jessica Lacy: Leadershipprovides with the opportunity to lead. E...
- a: Cars with tags from 12 different counties can rout...
- RT @wcbiweather: The heat index has surpassed 100 in many spots today. Stay cool out there! #mswx #alwx #wcbi http://t.co/Lt2LRZTDcm 3 years ago
- RT @dennisseid: OSHA: 24 work-related deaths in Miss. last year http://t.co/lgEYYtK7ZR 3 years ago
- Speech pathologists work to better communication skills | Monroe Journal http://t.co/lyHLvb0OS1 3 years ago
- Mumford & Sons bassist has blood clot on brain http://t.co/4xNLMhxaif 3 years ago
- Mobile home fire claims one | Itawamba Times http://t.co/FHouwxbnsp 3 years ago