New fisheries rules March 26
The Mississippi Department of Wildlife, Fisheries, and Parks (MDWFP) announced several regulation changes that will become effective on March 26.
One of the rule changes bans anglers from using limb lines and set hooks at Lake Washington in Washington County, however, sport fishing trotlines, free floating fishing devices (jugs), and Yo-Yos will be allowed.
Creel limits for the Charles Ray Nix Wildlife Management Area ponds in Panola County will be statewide limits for all fish.
In addition, skiers visiting State Fishing Lakes will be allowed to ski on Memorial Day and the July 4th and Labor Day holidays from noon until sunset.
For more information regarding fishing in Mississippi, visit www.mdwfp.com or call 601-432-2212.
- Click to email this to a friend (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to Press This! (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Google+ (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
About Lisa Voyles
- GWENDOLYN PEARSON: Tourism tax and internet service March 26, 2017
- CATHY SPENCER: Teacher of the Week March 21, 2017
- Medical care answers for America March 25, 2017
- Ribbon Cutting; Ava Michaels Boutique March 25, 2017
- DAR honors two with history awards March 26, 2017
- Orientation leaders named March 28, 2017
- Okolona excluded from Chickasaw, Houston merger March 28, 2017
- Old Waverly to host Women’s Amateur March 28, 2017
- Starkville man killed in shootout after fleeing officers March 27, 2017
- Teacher of the Week March 27, 2017
- Patricia Burgess Cossey: This is to address the Tourism Tax. I recently hea...
- Chris Johnson: Great article! I would note, though, that all Full...
- June Criddle Linley: I have no problems with making sure students are d...
- Mamabear: I knew this man. He was an extremely talented son...
- Jean Ulmer Gaskin: Chip, you and Rocky turned out to be wonderful men...
- RT @wcbiweather: The heat index has surpassed 100 in many spots today. Stay cool out there! #mswx #alwx #wcbi http://t.co/Lt2LRZTDcm 4 years ago
- RT @dennisseid: OSHA: 24 work-related deaths in Miss. last year http://t.co/lgEYYtK7ZR 4 years ago
- Speech pathologists work to better communication skills | Monroe Journal http://t.co/lyHLvb0OS1 4 years ago
- Mumford & Sons bassist has blood clot on brain http://t.co/4xNLMhxaif 4 years ago
- Mobile home fire claims one | Itawamba Times http://t.co/FHouwxbnsp 4 years ago