Lenten luncheon is today
“It’s a great opportunity for believers to join together and focus on repentance, self examination, prayer and to get ready for Easter,” said Melissa Moore, Minister of Music at Houston First United Methodist Church. “That really is the idea behind Lent.”
Moore said, while First Methodist hosts the event, guest churches are called on each week to provide music, a meal and a minister to provide a quick message.
Moore said the meal begins in the Family Life Center a little before noon, the dress is casual and it’s Ok to be a little late. She urged business people to invite their co-workers and each service finishes up promptly so everyone can get back to work on time.
There is no charge for the meal but there is an offering basket and all donations are used by the Greater Houston Ministerial Alliance to help the needy throughout the year.
This season’s Lenten lunch dates, ministers and guest churches are:
• March 19, Bro. Joe Coggins, North Charge United Methodist Churches.
• March 26, Dr. Daniel Heeringa, Houston First Baptist Church.
• April 2, Bro. Randy Hays, Cornerstone Church.
• April 9, Sr. Pat Hinton, Immaculate Heart of Mary Catholic Church.
• April 16, Dr. Randy Rinehart, Parkway Baptist Church.
• April 18, Good Friday, Bro. Rex Wilburn, Houston First United Methodist Church.
For more information please call Houston First United Methodist Church at 456-2203 or stop by the church office at 230 North Jackson Street.
- Click to email this to a friend (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to Press This! (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Google+ (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
About Floyd Ingram
- Getting a good start at school July 24, 2016
- Sundancer finishes first, again July 27, 2016
- Dr. Darrick Whitfield: Don’t be a slacker! July 27, 2016
- FLOYD INGRAM: Solar racers make us Houston proud July 27, 2016
- Mississippi Showcase features local baseball talent July 27, 2016
- Tending to business July 30, 2016
- Praying for peace and unity July 30, 2016
- Okolona trustees approve summer programs July 29, 2016
- Houlka’s Tyreque Reed name Legion MVP July 28, 2016
- County, city seek road costs for three streets July 28, 2016
- Jim Garth Horn: Did I miss it or is there anywhere in the article ...
- Americasgone: They have a "no guns" sign on their door. If the...
- Americasgone: This has to be a joke. They have good employees an...
- Jessica Lacy: Leadershipprovides with the opportunity to lead. E...
- a: Cars with tags from 12 different counties can rout...
- RT @wcbiweather: The heat index has surpassed 100 in many spots today. Stay cool out there! #mswx #alwx #wcbi http://t.co/Lt2LRZTDcm 3 years ago
- RT @dennisseid: OSHA: 24 work-related deaths in Miss. last year http://t.co/lgEYYtK7ZR 3 years ago
- Speech pathologists work to better communication skills | Monroe Journal http://t.co/lyHLvb0OS1 3 years ago
- Mumford & Sons bassist has blood clot on brain http://t.co/4xNLMhxaif 3 years ago
- Mobile home fire claims one | Itawamba Times http://t.co/FHouwxbnsp 3 years ago