Lenten luncheon is today
“It’s a great opportunity for believers to join together and focus on repentance, self examination, prayer and to get ready for Easter,” said Melissa Moore, Minister of Music at Houston First United Methodist Church. “That really is the idea behind Lent.”
Moore said, while First Methodist hosts the event, guest churches are called on each week to provide music, a meal and a minister to provide a quick message.
Moore said the meal begins in the Family Life Center a little before noon, the dress is casual and it’s Ok to be a little late. She urged business people to invite their co-workers and each service finishes up promptly so everyone can get back to work on time.
There is no charge for the meal but there is an offering basket and all donations are used by the Greater Houston Ministerial Alliance to help the needy throughout the year.
This season’s Lenten lunch dates, ministers and guest churches are:
• March 19, Bro. Joe Coggins, North Charge United Methodist Churches.
• March 26, Dr. Daniel Heeringa, Houston First Baptist Church.
• April 2, Bro. Randy Hays, Cornerstone Church.
• April 9, Sr. Pat Hinton, Immaculate Heart of Mary Catholic Church.
• April 16, Dr. Randy Rinehart, Parkway Baptist Church.
• April 18, Good Friday, Bro. Rex Wilburn, Houston First United Methodist Church.
For more information please call Houston First United Methodist Church at 456-2203 or stop by the church office at 230 North Jackson Street.
- Click to email this to a friend (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to Press This! (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Google+ (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
About Floyd Ingram
- Habitat now Fuller Center February 17, 2017
- City candidates face March 3 deadline February 17, 2017
- ICC names Adult Learner scholars February 21, 2017
- Sirens to go off Wednesday for statwide tornado drill February 21, 2017
- Chickasaw man injured in Shannon wreck February 21, 2017
- Growing our future with AEST February 23, 2017
- FLOYD INGRAM: Looking at the future February 23, 2017
- Correctional Facility revenue reviewed February 23, 2017
- EDITORIAL: Tidy up the Trail February 22, 2017
- “Dream Big” February 22, 2017
- Chris Johnson: Great article! I would note, though, that all Full...
- June Criddle Linley: I have no problems with making sure students are d...
- Mamabear: I knew this man. He was an extremely talented son...
- Jean Ulmer Gaskin: Chip, you and Rocky turned out to be wonderful men...
- jonathan makeley: Jim Hedges 2016 If you would like to join the Proh...
- RT @wcbiweather: The heat index has surpassed 100 in many spots today. Stay cool out there! #mswx #alwx #wcbi http://t.co/Lt2LRZTDcm 4 years ago
- RT @dennisseid: OSHA: 24 work-related deaths in Miss. last year http://t.co/lgEYYtK7ZR 4 years ago
- Speech pathologists work to better communication skills | Monroe Journal http://t.co/lyHLvb0OS1 4 years ago
- Mumford & Sons bassist has blood clot on brain http://t.co/4xNLMhxaif 4 years ago
- Mobile home fire claims one | Itawamba Times http://t.co/FHouwxbnsp 4 years ago