PONTOTOC – Larry L. McDonald, 60, passed away Wednesday, March 19, 2014, at his home. He was a lifelong resident of Pontotoc.
He was a beloved father, brother, son and friend to many. He had a great love for his horses and motorcycles. He was a master brick mason. He never missed an opportunity to tell the people he was close to that he loved them and a story to be told to everyone.
Services will be at 11 a.m. Saturday, March 22, at Tutor Memorial Funeral Home in Pontotoc. Bro. Bill Dowdy and Bro. David Barnett will be officiating. Burial will be in Shady Grove Cemetery. Tutor Memorial Funeral Home is in charge of the arrangements.
Survivors include his daughter, Brandy McDonald (Bob Martin) of Tupelo; his father, Clydie McDonald (Ruth) of Pontotoc; brother, Scotty McDonald; two sisters, Lisa Bryant (Bert) and Teresa Bagwell (Ricky); longtime companion, Denise Jenkins; four stepchildren, Hank Spurr of Ripley,Tenn., Ricky Spurr Jr. of Houston, Texas, Dylan and Levi Washington of Pontotoc; five grandchildren, Cheyenne Greer, Nikki Martin, Sadie, Sasha and Alyssa Spurr; a host of nieces and nephews; stepsisters, Shirley Shepard, Sherry Powell, Sharon Welch and Sheila Fry; and stepbrother, Danny Joyner.
He was preceded in death by his mother, Martha Jean McDonald; sister-in-law, Stephanie McDonald; and grandparents, Clarence and Lilly McDonald, and Elmer and Lois Lepard.
Pallbearers will be Jimmy Jenkins, Joseph Golden, Adrian Porter, Daniel Foreman, Joseph Dillard and Raymond Anglin. Honorary pallbearers will be Jim Baldwyn, Tim Marshall and Fransisco Hernandez.
Visitation will be from 10 to 11 a.m. Saturday.
- Click to email this to a friend (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to Press This! (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Google+ (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
About Floyd Ingram
- GWENDOLYN PEARSON: Tourism tax and internet service March 26, 2017
- Houston seeks to climb the mountain March 22, 2017
- DAR honors two with history awards March 26, 2017
- CARA CHISOLM: Get involved in your Library March 26, 2017
- FLOYD INGRAM: All politics is local March 27, 2017
- Okolona man held in Shannon shooting March 28, 2017
- POLITICAL ANNOUNCEMENTS March 28, 2017
- Orientation leaders named March 28, 2017
- Okolona excluded from Chickasaw, Houston merger March 28, 2017
- Old Waverly to host Women’s Amateur March 28, 2017
- Patricia Burgess Cossey: This is to address the Tourism Tax. I recently hea...
- Chris Johnson: Great article! I would note, though, that all Full...
- June Criddle Linley: I have no problems with making sure students are d...
- Mamabear: I knew this man. He was an extremely talented son...
- Jean Ulmer Gaskin: Chip, you and Rocky turned out to be wonderful men...
- RT @wcbiweather: The heat index has surpassed 100 in many spots today. Stay cool out there! #mswx #alwx #wcbi http://t.co/Lt2LRZTDcm 4 years ago
- RT @dennisseid: OSHA: 24 work-related deaths in Miss. last year http://t.co/lgEYYtK7ZR 4 years ago
- Speech pathologists work to better communication skills | Monroe Journal http://t.co/lyHLvb0OS1 4 years ago
- Mumford & Sons bassist has blood clot on brain http://t.co/4xNLMhxaif 4 years ago
- Mobile home fire claims one | Itawamba Times http://t.co/FHouwxbnsp 4 years ago