OKOLONA – Theda Edwards Sandlin, 78, died Thursday, March 20, 2014, at her residence following an extended illness. She was born Jan. 18, 1936, in Marshall County to Lelon Edwards and Jarohn Alderson Edwards.
She married Carlton Laverne Sandlin on Oct. 18, 1952, and they owned and worked at Sandlin’s Service Station in Okolona for more than 25 years. A Baptist, she was a hard working woman who loved her family, especially her grandchildren and doted over them. She was a master cook but was also known for her Saturday hot dog meals. She enjoyed watching wrestling on TV and going out to eat.
A celebration of life service will be at 2 p.m. Sunday, March 23, at the Okolona Chapel of Holland Funeral Directors with Bro. Randy Lewman officiating. Graveside service will follow at Oddfellow’s Cemetery in Okolona. Visitation will be from 4 to 7 p.m. Sunday and from noon to service time Sunday.
Survivors include her children, Vickie Ross of Saltillo, Ricky Sandlin of Ecru, Terry Cooper of Prairie, Kallie Hughes (Matt) of Okolona, Cheryl Edwards of Okolona and Kim Turman of Okolona; two siblings, Steve Edwards of Germantown, Tenn., and Karita Hurdle of Holly Springs; 16 grandchildren, Johnna Pearce, Jennifer Davis, Jamie Davis, Deric Davis, Katherine Moore, Rikkita Sandlin, Corey Sandlin, Ashley Hall, Justin Hughes, Chris Hughes, Katie Hughes, Tanner Kilgore, Cassidy Edwards, Carla Jones, Haley Turman and Cody Turman; and several great-grandchildren. She was preceded in death by her parents; her husband, Carl Sandlin, on March 30, 1993; a sister, Billie Jay Edwards; and grandson, Robert Ross, on Dec. 26, 2004.
Pallbearers are Jamie Davis, Tanner Kilgore, Chris Hughes, Justin Hughes, Cody, Turman and Corey Sandlin.
Condolences may be emailed to email@example.com.
- Click to email this to a friend (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to Press This! (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Google+ (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
About Floyd Ingram
- Houlka offers dual credit with ICC August 23, 2016
- Lady Hilltoppers struggle at plate August 25, 2016
- FLOYD INGRAM: A quick look around town August 25, 2016
- Work set for Tanglefoot pathway August 26, 2016
- SONNY SCOTT: Migrants jump out of the melting pot August 27, 2016
- Armyworms spotted in local fields August 30, 2016
- Money would fix city’s aging pipes August 29, 2016
- Political Season August 29, 2016
- Cowboys’ veterans big fans of Prescott August 28, 2016
- Flywheel Festival seeks vendors August 28, 2016
- Jim Garth Horn: Did I miss it or is there anywhere in the article ...
- Americasgone: They have a "no guns" sign on their door. If the...
- Americasgone: This has to be a joke. They have good employees an...
- Jessica Lacy: Leadershipprovides with the opportunity to lead. E...
- a: Cars with tags from 12 different counties can rout...
- RT @wcbiweather: The heat index has surpassed 100 in many spots today. Stay cool out there! #mswx #alwx #wcbi http://t.co/Lt2LRZTDcm 3 years ago
- RT @dennisseid: OSHA: 24 work-related deaths in Miss. last year http://t.co/lgEYYtK7ZR 3 years ago
- Speech pathologists work to better communication skills | Monroe Journal http://t.co/lyHLvb0OS1 3 years ago
- Mumford & Sons bassist has blood clot on brain http://t.co/4xNLMhxaif 3 years ago
- Mobile home fire claims one | Itawamba Times http://t.co/FHouwxbnsp 3 years ago