Around the diamonds
Following a Spring break that didn’t feel like one to most area ball teams, they got right back on the field in regular season and district games.
Vardaman had a tough week on the diamond, falling to Hamilton, 4-8 and to Ethel, 12-5.
They will be back in action this week in Houlka Tuesday and hosting Tupelo Christian Prep Friday.
The Wolverines didn’t fare well either as they lost to West Point, 5-10, and to French Camp, 0-3.
“We played good enough to win,” said coach Wes Johnson. “We just couldn’t get it done.”
The Wolverines have a rematch with French Camp Tuesday and host Eupora Friday.
The Wildcats dropped two division games last week, taking a 1-9 loss to Smithville and a 4-5 loss to Hamilton.
They will be back in action hosting South Tuesday and will move back into division play April 1 at TCPS.
- Click to email this to a friend (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to Press This! (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Google+ (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
About Lisa Voyles
- Deputies tase suspect in shots fired call October 15, 2016
- PREP ROUNDUP: Vardaman, Houlka, Louisville, Pontotoc October 19, 2016
- Lady Toppers take first round October 19, 2016
- Few storms, small hail expected tonight and Thursday October 19, 2016
- Calhoun County man dies after Tuesday night shooting October 19, 2016
- What color is homelessness? October 22, 2016
- POLICE ROUNDUP: Charges upgraded following fatal accident October 21, 2016
- WEEK 10: High School Football Previews October 21, 2016
- Pilot Club to host pageant October 21, 2016
- Houlka reviews preliminary test scores October 21, 2016
- Bet Rob: I came into town over the weekend to ride part of ...
- Jim Garth Horn: Did I miss it or is there anywhere in the article ...
- Americasgone: They have a "no guns" sign on their door. If the...
- Americasgone: This has to be a joke. They have good employees an...
- Jessica Lacy: Leadershipprovides with the opportunity to lead. E...
- RT @wcbiweather: The heat index has surpassed 100 in many spots today. Stay cool out there! #mswx #alwx #wcbi http://t.co/Lt2LRZTDcm 3 years ago
- RT @dennisseid: OSHA: 24 work-related deaths in Miss. last year http://t.co/lgEYYtK7ZR 3 years ago
- Speech pathologists work to better communication skills | Monroe Journal http://t.co/lyHLvb0OS1 3 years ago
- Mumford & Sons bassist has blood clot on brain http://t.co/4xNLMhxaif 3 years ago
- Mobile home fire claims one | Itawamba Times http://t.co/FHouwxbnsp 3 years ago