HOUSTON – Marcella Nell Smith Sykes, 88, died Monday, March 24, 2014, at Trace Regional Hospital in Houston. She was born Oct. 5, 1925, to James Jackson Smith and Mollie Mae Neal Smith. She was a retired store owner and a member of Parkway Baptist Church.
Services will be at 11 a.m. Saturday, March 29, at Houston Funeral Home with Dr. Randy Rinehart officiating. Burial will follow at Houston Cemetery. Houston Funeral Home of Houston is in charge of the arrangements.
She is survived by her daughter, Rita Sykes of Houston; her sons, Jimmy and Peggy Sullivan of Saltillo, Tommy Sykes of Houston, Barry and Angie Sykes of Iuka; her grandchildren, Sherry and Hal Craig, Jill and Mitch Caples, MarceyAnne Sykes, Mason Sykes, Emily Sykes; her great-grandchildren, Wil Craig, Wes Craig, Zoe Craig, Valerie Moore, Audrey Moore, Gavin Caples; her sister, Elizabeth Blissard of Houston; and her brothers, George and Martha Rose Smith of Houston, Rex and Corrine Smith of Houlka.
She was preceded in death by her parents; her husband, Addie Sykes; her sisters, Hilma Young, Evelyn Foster, Pauline Dugard, Carrah Cooper, an infant sister, Etoyle Robertson, Mary Ruth Robertson; and her brothers, Everett Smith, Woodrow Smith, Jack Smith, Sam Hugh Smith, Billy Smith, Bobby Smith, Dan Ridell Smith and John Wayne Smith.
Pallbearers will be Mason Sykes, Mitch Caples, Gavin Caples, Hal Craig, Wil Craig and Wes Craig.
Visitation will be from 5 to 8 p.m. Friday and from 8 a.m. until the 11 a.m. funeral service time at Houston Funeral Home.
Friends and family may leave a message at houstonfuneral
- Click to email this to a friend (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to Press This! (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Google+ (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
About Floyd Ingram
- Habitat now Fuller Center February 17, 2017
- City candidates face March 3 deadline February 17, 2017
- Sirens to go off Wednesday for statwide tornado drill February 21, 2017
- Chickasaw man injured in Shannon wreck February 21, 2017
- One killed in wreck involving ambulance February 21, 2017
- Extension gives out 1,800 trees February 24, 2017
- Growing our future with AEST February 23, 2017
- FLOYD INGRAM: Looking at the future February 23, 2017
- Correctional Facility revenue reviewed February 23, 2017
- EDITORIAL: Tidy up the Trail February 22, 2017
- Chris Johnson: Great article! I would note, though, that all Full...
- June Criddle Linley: I have no problems with making sure students are d...
- Mamabear: I knew this man. He was an extremely talented son...
- Jean Ulmer Gaskin: Chip, you and Rocky turned out to be wonderful men...
- jonathan makeley: Jim Hedges 2016 If you would like to join the Proh...
- RT @wcbiweather: The heat index has surpassed 100 in many spots today. Stay cool out there! #mswx #alwx #wcbi http://t.co/Lt2LRZTDcm 4 years ago
- RT @dennisseid: OSHA: 24 work-related deaths in Miss. last year http://t.co/lgEYYtK7ZR 4 years ago
- Speech pathologists work to better communication skills | Monroe Journal http://t.co/lyHLvb0OS1 4 years ago
- Mumford & Sons bassist has blood clot on brain http://t.co/4xNLMhxaif 4 years ago
- Mobile home fire claims one | Itawamba Times http://t.co/FHouwxbnsp 4 years ago