Lenten luncheon is noon Wednesday at Houston FUMC
“It’s a great opportunity for believers to join together and focus on repentance, self examination, prayer and to get ready for Easter,” said Melissa Moore, Minister of Music at Houston First United Methodist Church. “That really is the idea behind Lent.”
Moore said, while First Methodist hosts the event, guest churches are called on each week to provide music, a meal and a minister to provide a quick message.
Moore said the meal begins in the Family Life Center a little before noon, the dress is casual and it’s Ok to be a little late. She urged business people to invite their co-workers and each service finishes up promptly so everyone can get back to work on time.
There is no charge for the meal but there is an offering basket and all donations are used by the Greater Houston Ministerial Alliance to help the needy throughout the year.
This season’s Lenten lunch dates, ministers and guest churches are:
• April 2, Bro. Randy Hays, Cornerstone Church.
• April 9, Sr. Pat Hinton, Immaculate Heart of Mary Catholic Church.
• April 16, Dr. Randy Rinehart, Parkway Baptist Church.
• April 18, Good Friday, Bro. Rex Wilburn, Houston First United Methodist Church.
Past speakers were Bro. Steve Lampkin on March 12, Bro. Joe Coggins on March 19, and Dr. Daniel Heeringa, March 26.
For more information on Wednesday Lenten Luncheon please call Houston First United Methodist Church at 456-2203 or stop by the church office at 230 North Jackson Street.
- Click to email this to a friend (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to Press This! (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Google+ (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
About Floyd Ingram
- Deputies tase suspect in shots fired call October 15, 2016
- PREP ROUNDUP: Vardaman, Houlka, Louisville, Pontotoc October 19, 2016
- Lady Toppers take first round October 19, 2016
- Few storms, small hail expected tonight and Thursday October 19, 2016
- Calhoun County man dies after Tuesday night shooting October 19, 2016
- What color is homelessness? October 22, 2016
- POLICE ROUNDUP: Charges upgraded following fatal accident October 21, 2016
- WEEK 10: High School Football Previews October 21, 2016
- Pilot Club to host pageant October 21, 2016
- Houlka reviews preliminary test scores October 21, 2016
- Bet Rob: I came into town over the weekend to ride part of ...
- Jim Garth Horn: Did I miss it or is there anywhere in the article ...
- Americasgone: They have a "no guns" sign on their door. If the...
- Americasgone: This has to be a joke. They have good employees an...
- Jessica Lacy: Leadershipprovides with the opportunity to lead. E...
- RT @wcbiweather: The heat index has surpassed 100 in many spots today. Stay cool out there! #mswx #alwx #wcbi http://t.co/Lt2LRZTDcm 3 years ago
- RT @dennisseid: OSHA: 24 work-related deaths in Miss. last year http://t.co/lgEYYtK7ZR 3 years ago
- Speech pathologists work to better communication skills | Monroe Journal http://t.co/lyHLvb0OS1 3 years ago
- Mumford & Sons bassist has blood clot on brain http://t.co/4xNLMhxaif 3 years ago
- Mobile home fire claims one | Itawamba Times http://t.co/FHouwxbnsp 3 years ago