STUART, Fla. – Colleen McVey Byrne passed away peacefully Sunday, March 30, 2014, at her home in Stuart, Fla. She was born in Chicago in 1927 to Thomas and May McVey.
She married Thomas A. Byrne in 1951 and they settled in Springfield, where they reared their family, adopting five children. They retired to Stuart, Fla., in 1983. She was a 1949 graduate of Barat College in Lake Forest, Ill. She was a member of St. Joseph Catholic Church in Stuart. She was a homemaker and a devoted wife, mother, grandmother, great-grandmother and friend.
She is survived by her children, Joseph (Maryann) Byrne of Mobile, Ala., Mary Byrne of Stuart, Fla., Thomas (Carol) Byrne of Houston, Margaret (Kevin) Arbour of Stuart; her beloved grandchildren, Jeffery and Erin Arbour of Stuart, Joey and Jack Byrne of Mobile, Megan (Seth) Rodebeck of Montgomery, Ala., Anna (Jack) O’Dowd of Tuscaloosa, Ala., Jordan, Reagan, Cameron, Brennan and Tab, all of Houston; and great-grandchildren, Jack and Betty O’Dowd of Tuscaloosa.
She was preceded in death by her husband, Thomas; and a son, Ronald.
A memorial Mass will be held in Mobile, Ala., at a later date. Burial will be beside her husband at Spring Hill Cemetery. Young and Prill Funeral Home is in charge of arrangements.
Memorials may be made to the Immaculate Heart of Mary Catholic Church, 818 N. Jackson St., Houston, MS 38851.
Visit the website at www.youngandprill.com.
- Click to email this to a friend (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to Press This! (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Google+ (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
About Floyd Ingram
- Sundancer crosses 2016 Solar Car Challenge finish line July 23, 2016
- Homegrown and Houston proud July 23, 2016
- Eaton Automotive finishes season July 26, 2016
- EDITORIAL: Testing our schoolsEDITORIAL: Testing our schools July 27, 2016
- Sundancer finishes first, again July 27, 2016
- Praying for peace and unity July 30, 2016
- Okolona trustees approve summer programs July 29, 2016
- Houlka’s Tyreque Reed name Legion MVP July 28, 2016
- County, city seek road costs for three streets July 28, 2016
- ICC valedictorian, salutatorian scholars named. July 27, 2016
- Jim Garth Horn: Did I miss it or is there anywhere in the article ...
- Americasgone: They have a "no guns" sign on their door. If the...
- Americasgone: This has to be a joke. They have good employees an...
- Jessica Lacy: Leadershipprovides with the opportunity to lead. E...
- a: Cars with tags from 12 different counties can rout...
- RT @wcbiweather: The heat index has surpassed 100 in many spots today. Stay cool out there! #mswx #alwx #wcbi http://t.co/Lt2LRZTDcm 3 years ago
- RT @dennisseid: OSHA: 24 work-related deaths in Miss. last year http://t.co/lgEYYtK7ZR 3 years ago
- Speech pathologists work to better communication skills | Monroe Journal http://t.co/lyHLvb0OS1 3 years ago
- Mumford & Sons bassist has blood clot on brain http://t.co/4xNLMhxaif 3 years ago
- Mobile home fire claims one | Itawamba Times http://t.co/FHouwxbnsp 3 years ago