GUNTOWN – Diane Herndon Reeves, 45, died on March 5, 2014. The youngest daughter of James Wilson Herndon and Maggie Aaron Herndon, she was born on March 1, 1969, in the Pontotoc Community Hospital. She grew up in Bruce and the Sarepta community in Calhoun County, where she attended Bruce Schools, Bruce First Baptist Church and Sarepta Baptist Church. As an adult, she settled in Lee County where she worked as a branch administrator at Cavalier Quality Homes, a mortgage loan originator and a mortgage broker. She was also a notary public.
She was smart, beautiful, fun-loving and energetic. She loved fishing, camping, physical fitness and practical jokes. She was a beloved daughter, sister, mother and grandmother and a devoted friend to many.
She is survived by her mother, Maggie Herndon of Bruce; sons, Dustin Morris of Bruce and Austin Reeves of Guntown; sisters, Patricia Holder of Ruleville and Lisa (Roger) Arbuckle of Coffeeville; brothers, Glyn (Virginia) Herndon and Carl Herndon of Memphis, Larry (Jeanie) Herndon of Buford, Ga., and Rickey Herndon of Arlington, Va.; a granddaughter; seven nephews; and five nieces.
A memorial service to celebrate her life will be held at 2 p.m. Saturday, April 5, at Bruce First Baptist Church. Parker Memorial Funeral Home is in charge of arrangements.
In lieu of flowers, the family requests that, before the memorial, family and friends send handwritten or typed fond memories of Diane and/or copies of photos of happy times shared with Diane to Memories of Diane Herndon Reeves, P.O. Box 975, Bruce, MS 38915. Memories and photos may also be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org or brought to the service.
For online condolences visit www.parkermemorialfuneralhomes.com.
- Click to email this to a friend (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to Press This! (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Google+ (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
About Floyd Ingram
- ICC concert choir performs Monday October 16, 2016
- Calhoun County man dies after Tuesday night shooting October 19, 2016
- EDITORIAL: Demanding excellence October 20, 2016
- Fall Fun and Games Day is Friday October 20, 2016
- Number 8! October 20, 2016
- Houlka hosts senior assembly October 22, 2016
- WEEK 10: High School Football Scores October 22, 2016
- What color is homelessness? October 22, 2016
- POLICE ROUNDUP: Charges upgraded following fatal accident October 21, 2016
- WEEK 10: High School Football Previews October 21, 2016
- Bet Rob: I came into town over the weekend to ride part of ...
- Jim Garth Horn: Did I miss it or is there anywhere in the article ...
- Americasgone: They have a "no guns" sign on their door. If the...
- Americasgone: This has to be a joke. They have good employees an...
- Jessica Lacy: Leadershipprovides with the opportunity to lead. E...
- RT @wcbiweather: The heat index has surpassed 100 in many spots today. Stay cool out there! #mswx #alwx #wcbi http://t.co/Lt2LRZTDcm 3 years ago
- RT @dennisseid: OSHA: 24 work-related deaths in Miss. last year http://t.co/lgEYYtK7ZR 3 years ago
- Speech pathologists work to better communication skills | Monroe Journal http://t.co/lyHLvb0OS1 3 years ago
- Mumford & Sons bassist has blood clot on brain http://t.co/4xNLMhxaif 3 years ago
- Mobile home fire claims one | Itawamba Times http://t.co/FHouwxbnsp 3 years ago