PONTOTOC – Auvergean Pennington Jones, 79, passed away Wednesday, April 2, 2014, at her residence in Pontotoc County. She was born April 1, 1935, to Horace and Izella McWhirter Stalnaker in the Springville community.
She attended Algoma High School. She was a devoted wife, loving mother and grandmother and was “Mama” to all who knew her. She was a member of Liberty Baptist Church, a devout Christian and bore the fruits and stuck true to her values and up bringing. She had a great sense of humor and was a loving and truly loyal friend who welcomed all into her home with open arms.
A celebration of life service will be held 2 p.m. Saturday, April 5, at Baldwin Nowell Funeral Home Chapel with Bro. Harvey Sewell, Bro. Tommy Inmon and grandson, Bro. J.T. Pennington officiating. Burial will follow in Pontotoc Memorial Gardens. Baldwin Nowell Funeral Home of Pontotoc is in charge of arrangements.
She is survived by three sons, Tommy Pennington (Kim), Jimmy Pennington (Lori) and Jeffrey Pennington (ReA.), all of Pontotoc; four daughters, Beverly Conaway (Roy) of Ecru, Diane Plunkett (Rick), Donna Holloway (Alan), all of Pontotoc and Edwina Mayo (Tom) of New Albany; 18 grandchildren; 37 great-grandchildren; three great-great-grandchildren; two sisters, Mary Doherty of Alexandria, La. and Eugenia Kirk (Lee) of Richfield, N.C.; one brother, Robby Stalnaker (Nona) of Okolona; and a host of nieces and nephews.
She was preceded in death by her husband of 45 years, Reece Pennington; husband of 11 years, Bobby Jones; her parents, Horace and Izella McWhirter Stalnaker; one granddaughter, Chary Diane Plunkett; and five brothers, Milton Stalnaker, Harold Stalnaker, Thomas Stalnaker, Billy Stalnaker and Gerald Stalnaker.
Pallbearers will be her grandsons, Gregg Bolen, Nathan Holloway, Matt Holloway, Terry Bagwell, Bro. J.T. Pennington, Clay Pennington, Heath Plunkett, Dean Plunkett and Jared Pennington.
Visitation will be from 5 to 9 p.m. Friday and from 10 a.m. until service time Saturday at the funeral home.
In lieu of flowers, memorial donations may be made to the Gideon’s International, P.O. 535, Pontotoc, MS 38863, to The Sanctuary Hospice House, 5159 W. Main St., Tupelo, MS 38801 or to Liberty Baptist Church Organ Fund, 7974 Hwy 341, Pontotoc, MS 38863.
Condolences may be made at www.baldwinnowellfh.com/admin. – See more at: http://www.legacy.com/obituaries/djournal/obituary.aspx?n=auvergean-jones&pid=170483722&fhid=26001#sthash.H8RtiHcd.dpuf
- Click to email this to a friend (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to Press This! (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Google+ (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
About Floyd Ingram
- Houlka offers dual credit with ICC August 23, 2016
- Lady Hilltoppers struggle at plate August 25, 2016
- FLOYD INGRAM: A quick look around town August 25, 2016
- Work set for Tanglefoot pathway August 26, 2016
- SONNY SCOTT: Migrants jump out of the melting pot August 27, 2016
- Armyworms spotted in local fields August 30, 2016
- Money would fix city’s aging pipes August 29, 2016
- Political Season August 29, 2016
- Cowboys’ veterans big fans of Prescott August 28, 2016
- Flywheel Festival seeks vendors August 28, 2016
- Jim Garth Horn: Did I miss it or is there anywhere in the article ...
- Americasgone: They have a "no guns" sign on their door. If the...
- Americasgone: This has to be a joke. They have good employees an...
- Jessica Lacy: Leadershipprovides with the opportunity to lead. E...
- a: Cars with tags from 12 different counties can rout...
- RT @wcbiweather: The heat index has surpassed 100 in many spots today. Stay cool out there! #mswx #alwx #wcbi http://t.co/Lt2LRZTDcm 3 years ago
- RT @dennisseid: OSHA: 24 work-related deaths in Miss. last year http://t.co/lgEYYtK7ZR 3 years ago
- Speech pathologists work to better communication skills | Monroe Journal http://t.co/lyHLvb0OS1 3 years ago
- Mumford & Sons bassist has blood clot on brain http://t.co/4xNLMhxaif 3 years ago
- Mobile home fire claims one | Itawamba Times http://t.co/FHouwxbnsp 3 years ago