PONTOTOC – Charles E. Duke “Papa,” 94, of Pontotoc, passed away Wednesday, April 2, 2014, at home. He was born Aug. 11, 1919, to Mitchell and Ostella Duke. He married Josie Ladell Luker July 31, 1942. He worked in radio and TV repair for many years. He worked for Mr. Fred Dowdy in jukebox and pinball repair until retirement. He was a World War II veteran serving in North France and Central Europe from July 1942 to November 1945. He was a loving father and grandfather and he will be missed by all.
Services will be 2 p.m. Saturday April 5, at Tutor Memorial Funeral Home in Pontotoc with Bro. Junior Ritchie officiating. Burial will be in Redland Cemetery. Tutor Memorial Funeral Home of Pontotoc is in charge of arrangements.
Survivors include four sons, Charles Duke Jr. (Ruth) of Horn Lake, Robert E. Duke (Linda) of Houlka, James A. Duke of Pontotoc and Terry F. Duke (Billie) of Pontotoc; two daughters, Josie Enis (Paul) of Randolph and Mary Cloinger of Pontotoc; 14 grandchildren; a host of great-grandchildren; and a host of great-great-grandchildren.
He was preceded in death by his wife; parents; brother, Willie F. Duke; sister, Maudie McMcullough; grandson, Mike Duke; daughter-in-law, Carol Duke; and son-in-law, Leslie Cloinger.
Pallbearers will be Chad Lindamood, Wesley Duke, L.C. Cloinger, Steve Duke, Bradley Enis and Philip Enis.
Honorary pallbearers will be Greg Duke, Adam Duke, Cody Duke, Christopher Duke and Charles Edward Duke.
Visitation will be from 6 to 8 p.m Friday and from noon until 2 p.m. Saturday at the funeral home.
- Click to email this to a friend (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to Press This! (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Google+ (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
About Floyd Ingram
- Okolona tightens city policies April 18, 2017
- Man convicted in Okolona shooting April 21, 2017
- Lifecore book drive says thank you April 21, 2017
- GLENN MOLETTE: America and shooting back April 22, 2017
- TEACHER OF THE WEEK! April 22, 2017
- Principal John Ellison honored by state April 24, 2017
- Houston correcting SPED complaints April 24, 2017
- Dollar General Ribbon Cutting April 23, 2017
- Certified Nurse Assistance Class seeks applicants April 23, 2017
- WEDDING: Stone/Fisackerly April 23, 2017
- Winford White: I totally disagree with your schools consolidation...
- Winford White: That is good News for Okolona. Or shall we say, it...
- Winford White: I strongly agree! if someone can afford to pay a T...
- Winford White: Keep up the good works Chickasaw County because th...
- Winford White: Winford White, CPC - Winford's Consulting : It is...
- RT @wcbiweather: The heat index has surpassed 100 in many spots today. Stay cool out there! #mswx #alwx #wcbi http://t.co/Lt2LRZTDcm 4 years ago
- RT @dennisseid: OSHA: 24 work-related deaths in Miss. last year http://t.co/lgEYYtK7ZR 4 years ago
- Speech pathologists work to better communication skills | Monroe Journal http://t.co/lyHLvb0OS1 4 years ago
- Mumford & Sons bassist has blood clot on brain http://t.co/4xNLMhxaif 4 years ago
- Mobile home fire claims one | Itawamba Times http://t.co/FHouwxbnsp 4 years ago