HOUSTON – Darrel “Chew” Wayne Griffin, 78, died April 2, 2014. He was born July 4, 1935, in Chickasaw County to J.D. Griffin and Lesbie Wilson Griffin.
He retired of 46 years from MMC Concrete Plant of Houston. He was a volunteer fireman for 30 years. He was an avid outdoorsman as he loved to hunt and fish.
Services will be 2 p.m. Saturday, April 5, 2014 at Memorial Funeral Home with Bro. Brandon Hardin and Bro. Johnny Cherry officiating. Burial will be in Enon Primitive Baptist Church Cemetery. Memorial Funeral Home is in charge of arrangements.
He is survived by JoAnn Johnson of Houston; his two daughters, Darylann Griffin Hardin (Dale) of New Hope and Linnie Griffin Stone of Aberdeen; two stepdaughters, Brenda Young of Houlka and Rosie Burkeen of Houston; five grandchildren, Chaz Hardin (Tonya), Taylor Stone Kennedy (Brandon), Lindzey Hardin Belk (Trae), Blakely Elizabeth Stone, Lance Corporal Joseph Griffin Stone; one great-grandson, Brandon Hardin; five stepgrandchildren, Zeke Young, Mendi Greenway, Dixie Rhines, Alison Williams and Jock Williams; nine stepgreat-grandchildren; and one sister, Charlene Current of Lexington, Ky.
He was preceded in death by his parents, J.D and Lesbie Griffin; and one brother, Dan Griffin.
Pallbearers will be Dale Hardin, Chaz Hardin, Kevin Harmon, James Vernon Harmon, Byron Wilson, Keith Houser and Lance Corporal Joseph Griffin Stone.
Visitation will be from 5 to 8 p.m. Friday April 4, at the funeral home.
In lieu of flowers, donations may be made to Lebonheur Children’s Hospital or to St. Jude Children Research Hospital.
For online condolences, visit www.memorialfuneralhomehouston.com.
- Click to email this to a friend (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to Press This! (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Google+ (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
About Floyd Ingram
- Houston FFA earns One Star Chapter award November 27, 2016
- Okolona airport lands grant December 1, 2016
- Okolona shines at Lighthouse Classic December 1, 2016
- Christmas parades are next week December 2, 2016
- Students chosen for Who’s Who at ICC December 2, 2016
- Turman, Archer inducted to Phi Kappa Phi December 3, 2016
- Una Thanksgiving December 3, 2016
- Houlka Thanksgiving December 3, 2016
- SONNY SCOTT: Religion, politics and my wife’s birthday December 3, 2016
- Hunter orange strictly enforced December 2, 2016
- Jean Ulmer Gaskin: Chip, you and Rocky turned out to be wonderful men...
- jonathan makeley: Jim Hedges 2016 If you would like to join the Proh...
- Bet Rob: I came into town over the weekend to ride part of ...
- Jim Garth Horn: Did I miss it or is there anywhere in the article ...
- Americasgone: They have a "no guns" sign on their door. If the...
- RT @wcbiweather: The heat index has surpassed 100 in many spots today. Stay cool out there! #mswx #alwx #wcbi http://t.co/Lt2LRZTDcm 3 years ago
- RT @dennisseid: OSHA: 24 work-related deaths in Miss. last year http://t.co/lgEYYtK7ZR 3 years ago
- Speech pathologists work to better communication skills | Monroe Journal http://t.co/lyHLvb0OS1 3 years ago
- Mumford & Sons bassist has blood clot on brain http://t.co/4xNLMhxaif 3 years ago
- Mobile home fire claims one | Itawamba Times http://t.co/FHouwxbnsp 3 years ago