Around the diamonds
The East Webster Wolverines had success on the diamond last week as they picked up a division win against Eupora, 7-5, April 1.
The Wolverines will be back in division play this week hosting Calhoun City Tuesday and Okolona Friday.
Rams fall to ‘Noles
The Vardaman Rams didn’t fare as well as they fell to the Smithville Seminoles, 3-13 and 0-15, in a double-header April 1.
They will be back on the diamond hosting Aberdeen April 8 and Houlka April 11. The Rams will head to Bruce Saturday.
Wildcats drop close match
The Houlka Wildcats got an early 3-0 lead over Tupelo Christian Prep in the top of the second and added another run in the fourth, but the Eagles had a late rally, posting two in the sixth and three in the seventh to take a 5-4 win.
Houlka will be back in action this week in Vardaman Friday for a rematch. The Wildcats took the win in their first game, 10-5, in March.
- Click to email this to a friend (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to Press This! (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Google+ (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
About Lisa Voyles
- County ponders TRPDD alliance February 20, 2017
- Vardaman hunter bags banded duck February 24, 2017
- Gann named NFHS State Coach of Year February 24, 2017
- Teacher Academy February 24, 2017
- Hilltoppers are ready to roll February 24, 2017
- Wildcats step up to the plate February 27, 2017
- College Day at HCTEC February 27, 2017
- Houlka moves forward with water works February 27, 2017
- Building a future with CET February 26, 2017
- WEDDING: Horn/Lluy February 26, 2017
- Chris Johnson: Great article! I would note, though, that all Full...
- June Criddle Linley: I have no problems with making sure students are d...
- Mamabear: I knew this man. He was an extremely talented son...
- Jean Ulmer Gaskin: Chip, you and Rocky turned out to be wonderful men...
- jonathan makeley: Jim Hedges 2016 If you would like to join the Proh...
- RT @wcbiweather: The heat index has surpassed 100 in many spots today. Stay cool out there! #mswx #alwx #wcbi http://t.co/Lt2LRZTDcm 4 years ago
- RT @dennisseid: OSHA: 24 work-related deaths in Miss. last year http://t.co/lgEYYtK7ZR 4 years ago
- Speech pathologists work to better communication skills | Monroe Journal http://t.co/lyHLvb0OS1 4 years ago
- Mumford & Sons bassist has blood clot on brain http://t.co/4xNLMhxaif 4 years ago
- Mobile home fire claims one | Itawamba Times http://t.co/FHouwxbnsp 4 years ago