OKOLONA – James Everette Thompson, 56, died Sunday, April 6, 2014, at North Mississippi Medical Center from injuries received in an auto accident. He was born Sept. 19, 1957, to Eloise Thompson Rogers and the late Doward Thompson.
He was a 1976 graduate of Shannon High School, where he played football and baseball. He served in the U.S. Army. He was a former employee of LifeStyle. He lived in Dunkirk, N.Y., before returning home to Okolona.
Services will be at 2 p.m. Saturday, April 12, at Union Baptist Church with the Rev. Richard Boone officiating. Williams Memorial Funeral Home of Okolona is in charge of arrangements.
Survivors include his mother, Eloise Rogers, and his stepfather, John Rogers, of Okolona; three daughters, Cynthia Young (Bernard) of Shannon, Angelia Williams of Tupelo and Jasmine Thompson of Okolona; four sons, Mario Thompson of Atlanta, Marcus Thompson of Okolona, Marion Hughes of Nettleton and Marriel Thompson of Atlanta; one brother, Walter Thompson of Okolona; eight grandchildren; and one great-grandchild.
Visitation will be from 4 to 6 p.m. Friday at the funeral home.
- Click to email this to a friend (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to Press This! (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Google+ (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
About Floyd Ingram
- One county courthouse discussed in Okolona October 17, 2016
- Number 8! October 20, 2016
- Houlka reviews preliminary test scores October 21, 2016
- Pilot Club to host pageant October 21, 2016
- WEEK 10: High School Football Previews October 21, 2016
- JAY HUGHES: The killing of public education October 23, 2016
- NANCY LOOME: Lawmakers “examine” MAEP funding October 23, 2016
- BIRTH: Kinsely Brooke Dodd October 23, 2016
- WEDDING: Nichols/Moss October 23, 2016
- Houlka hosts senior assembly October 22, 2016
- Bet Rob: I came into town over the weekend to ride part of ...
- Jim Garth Horn: Did I miss it or is there anywhere in the article ...
- Americasgone: They have a "no guns" sign on their door. If the...
- Americasgone: This has to be a joke. They have good employees an...
- Jessica Lacy: Leadershipprovides with the opportunity to lead. E...
- RT @wcbiweather: The heat index has surpassed 100 in many spots today. Stay cool out there! #mswx #alwx #wcbi http://t.co/Lt2LRZTDcm 3 years ago
- RT @dennisseid: OSHA: 24 work-related deaths in Miss. last year http://t.co/lgEYYtK7ZR 3 years ago
- Speech pathologists work to better communication skills | Monroe Journal http://t.co/lyHLvb0OS1 3 years ago
- Mumford & Sons bassist has blood clot on brain http://t.co/4xNLMhxaif 3 years ago
- Mobile home fire claims one | Itawamba Times http://t.co/FHouwxbnsp 3 years ago