CALHOUN CITY – Gwendolyn Killingsworth Shipp, 86, died Tuesday, April 15, 2014, at Calhoun Health Service Nursing Home in Calhoun City. She was born Nov. 10, 1927, in Greenville to A.K. Killingsworth and Octa Culp Killingsworth.
She was a homemaker and a member of Lewis Memorial United Methodist Church. She was a charter member of Isaac Ross Colonial Dames 17th Century; and a member of Daughters of the American Revolution.
She is survived by her husband, Russell Shipp of Calhoun City; one daughter, Pam (Doug) Gould of Cuenca, Ecuador; two sons, Birl “Bubba” (Mary) Miller of Calhoun City and Kenneth Allen (Brenda) Miller of Pecos, Texas; one sister, Wilma Kipp of McLean, Va.; seven grandchildren; and four great-grandchildren.
She was preceded in death by her parents; and a sister.
Service will be at 4 p.m. Friday, April 18, at Lewis Memorial United Methodist Church in Calhoun City. Bro. Allen Dearing will officiate. Graveside service will be at 2 p.m. Saturday, April 98, at Highland Cemetery in Hattiesburg. Pryor Funeral Home of Calhoun City is in charge of arrangements.
Visitation will be from 4 to 6 p.m. Thursday at the funeral home. The body will lie placed in the church one hour before service time Friday.
In lieu of flowers, memorials may be made to the Alzheimer’s Association and the Breast Cancer Foundation.
Online condolences can be left at Pryorfuneralhome.com.
- Click to email this to a friend (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to Press This! (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Google+ (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
About Floyd Ingram
- GWENDOLYN PEARSON: Tourism tax and internet service March 26, 2017
- FLOYD INGRAM: All politics is local March 27, 2017
- MSU Extension offers Horse Management 101 March 27, 2017
- Teacher of the Week March 27, 2017
- Starkville man killed in shootout after fleeing officers March 27, 2017
- Getting ready March 29, 2017
- Houston, Okolona host banquets March 29, 2017
- Rally! Rally! Rally! March 29, 2017
- Wildcats blanked by Smithville March 29, 2017
- Next stop! Final Four in Dallas March 29, 2017
- Patricia Burgess Cossey: This is to address the Tourism Tax. I recently hea...
- Chris Johnson: Great article! I would note, though, that all Full...
- June Criddle Linley: I have no problems with making sure students are d...
- Mamabear: I knew this man. He was an extremely talented son...
- Jean Ulmer Gaskin: Chip, you and Rocky turned out to be wonderful men...
- RT @wcbiweather: The heat index has surpassed 100 in many spots today. Stay cool out there! #mswx #alwx #wcbi http://t.co/Lt2LRZTDcm 4 years ago
- RT @dennisseid: OSHA: 24 work-related deaths in Miss. last year http://t.co/lgEYYtK7ZR 4 years ago
- Speech pathologists work to better communication skills | Monroe Journal http://t.co/lyHLvb0OS1 4 years ago
- Mumford & Sons bassist has blood clot on brain http://t.co/4xNLMhxaif 4 years ago
- Mobile home fire claims one | Itawamba Times http://t.co/FHouwxbnsp 4 years ago