SHANNON – Rinnie “Doc” Davis, 63, died Monday, April 14, 2014, at Traceway Green House Hospice in Tupelo. He began his education at Houlka Elementary School and finished his studies and graduated from Houston High School in Houston.
After graduating he worked for B&B Concrete and later for Donald Smith Company until his health failed. He attended Wesley Chapel CME Church.
Services will be at 1 p.m. Saturday, April 19, at N.L. Jones Funeral Chapel with the Rev. Jack Shelton delivering the eulogy. Burial will be in Johnson Chapel Cemetery. N.L. Jones Funeral Directors is in charge of arrangements.
He is survived by his son, Turell Davis; two daughters, Shelithea (Curtis) Darden and Tounya Gill, all of Shannon; seven sisters, Barbara (Burce) Davis, Betty Davis and Effie Robertson, all of Shannon, Annie R. Evans, Mary L. Sandlin (Floyd) and Carolyn F. Evans, all of Beloit Wis., and Ethel M. Evans of Milwaukee,Wis.; five brothers, Eugene (Rosa) Davis Jr. and Tommy (Sharon) Davis, both of Shannon, Rickey (Millicent) Davis of Tupelo, Thomas Evans Jr. of Beloit,Wis., and Derrick B. (Charlotte) Evans of Fort Wayne, Ind.; and four grandchildren, Torrence, Lorenzo Gill, Ca’Mya and Caitlyn Darden.
He was preceded in death by his parents, Doris Mae Bean and Eugene Davis Sr.; and a brother, Franky Lee Davis.
Visitation will be from 3 to 6 p.m. Friday at the funeral home.
- Click to email this to a friend (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to Press This! (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Google+ (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
About Floyd Ingram
- Dendy’s named Man, Woman of the Year July 17, 2016
- Nabors named top home improvement store in state July 18, 2016
- ICC offers manufacturing program July 20, 2016
- Solar Team trekking north in Solar Challenge 2016 July 21, 2016
- Houston’s Kinard honored by PTK July 21, 2016
- Homegrown and Houston proud July 23, 2016
- ICC registration underway July 22, 2016
- Hebron honors hoop champions July 22, 2016
- Houston, Houlka, Okolona districts get “C” July 22, 2016
- EDITORIAL: Support for Solar Car July 22, 2016
- Americasgone: They have a "no guns" sign on their door. If the...
- Americasgone: This has to be a joke. They have good employees an...
- Jessica Lacy: Leadershipprovides with the opportunity to lead. E...
- a: Cars with tags from 12 different counties can rout...
- LindaWando390: Valuable article , Speaking of which , if one has ...
- RT @wcbiweather: The heat index has surpassed 100 in many spots today. Stay cool out there! #mswx #alwx #wcbi http://t.co/Lt2LRZTDcm 3 years ago
- RT @dennisseid: OSHA: 24 work-related deaths in Miss. last year http://t.co/lgEYYtK7ZR 3 years ago
- Speech pathologists work to better communication skills | Monroe Journal http://t.co/lyHLvb0OS1 3 years ago
- Mumford & Sons bassist has blood clot on brain http://t.co/4xNLMhxaif 3 years ago
- Mobile home fire claims one | Itawamba Times http://t.co/FHouwxbnsp 3 years ago