SHANNON – Joseph “”Joey”” Bass, 44, died Wednesday, April 16, 2014. He was born Sept. 10, 1969, to Bayward Talmadge and Carolyn Codelia Halcomb Bass.
He was employed as a framer at United Furniture Company and was proud to be working again. His work history included janitorial, construction and furniture work. He loved fishing, camping, outdoor events and loved to draw. He loved his family, wife, friends and God, and he was especially loved by his grandbabies, who called him Papaw. He was a prankster that loved to joke and cut-up. When you met him, you could not help to love him.
Services will be 1 p.m. Monday, April 21, at the Jefferson Street Chapel of W.E. Pegues Funeral Directors with the Rev. Christopher Stacks officiating.
Survivors include his wife of three years, Letitia Bass; his stepchildren, Rosebud, Amelia, Elizabeth, Samantha, Della, Ruvel and Ray; three sisters, Bridget Spencer (Ray) of Shannon, Barbara Luna (Robert) of California and Silvia Reeves (Mike) of California; one brother, James Bass II of Shannon; and his mother, Carolyn Taylor, and his stepfather, Allen Taylor, of Saltillo.
He was preceded in death by his father, Bayward Talmadge Bass; two brothers, Bayward T. Bass Jr. and Ottis Bass; maternal grandparents, Silvia and Thomas Halcomb; paternal grandparents, Rev. James C. and Mary Katherine Bass; paternal aunt, Agnes Tipton; paternal uncles, Ottis and James Bass; maternal aunts, Marilyn Eastman and Patricia Ann Stewart; and maternal uncle, George Halcomb.
Visitation will be 4 to 8 p.m. Saturday at the funeral home.
Memorials may be made to his funeral account in care of W.E. Pegues Funeral Directors, P.O. Box 1488, Tupelo, MS 38802.
Expressions of sympathy may be left at www.peguesfuneralhome.com.
- Click to email this to a friend (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to Press This! (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Google+ (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
About Floyd Ingram
- Houston FFA earns One Star Chapter award November 27, 2016
- Christmas parades are next week December 2, 2016
- Students chosen for Who’s Who at ICC December 2, 2016
- Dr. Willis named AAN Fellow December 2, 2016
- Hunter orange strictly enforced December 2, 2016
- JAY HUGHES: Are schools worth fighting for? December 4, 2016
- Locals named ICC Foundation scholars December 4, 2016
- DAVID HORN: We the people have voted for change December 4, 2016
- REV. DARRICK WHITFIELD: How to be wise December 4, 2016
- Turman, Archer inducted to Phi Kappa Phi December 3, 2016
- Jean Ulmer Gaskin: Chip, you and Rocky turned out to be wonderful men...
- jonathan makeley: Jim Hedges 2016 If you would like to join the Proh...
- Bet Rob: I came into town over the weekend to ride part of ...
- Jim Garth Horn: Did I miss it or is there anywhere in the article ...
- Americasgone: They have a "no guns" sign on their door. If the...
- RT @wcbiweather: The heat index has surpassed 100 in many spots today. Stay cool out there! #mswx #alwx #wcbi http://t.co/Lt2LRZTDcm 3 years ago
- RT @dennisseid: OSHA: 24 work-related deaths in Miss. last year http://t.co/lgEYYtK7ZR 3 years ago
- Speech pathologists work to better communication skills | Monroe Journal http://t.co/lyHLvb0OS1 3 years ago
- Mumford & Sons bassist has blood clot on brain http://t.co/4xNLMhxaif 3 years ago
- Mobile home fire claims one | Itawamba Times http://t.co/FHouwxbnsp 3 years ago