SHANNON – Joseph “”Joey”” Bass, 44, died Wednesday, April 16, 2014. He was born Sept. 10, 1969, to Bayward Talmadge and Carolyn Codelia Halcomb Bass.
He was employed as a framer at United Furniture Company and was proud to be working again. His work history included janitorial, construction and furniture work. He loved fishing, camping, outdoor events and loved to draw. He loved his family, wife, friends and God, and he was especially loved by his grandbabies, who called him Papaw. He was a prankster that loved to joke and cut-up. When you met him, you could not help to love him.
Services will be 1 p.m. Monday, April 21, at the Jefferson Street Chapel of W.E. Pegues Funeral Directors with the Rev. Christopher Stacks officiating.
Survivors include his wife of three years, Letitia Bass; his stepchildren, Rosebud, Amelia, Elizabeth, Samantha, Della, Ruvel and Ray; three sisters, Bridget Spencer (Ray) of Shannon, Barbara Luna (Robert) of California and Silvia Reeves (Mike) of California; one brother, James Bass II of Shannon; and his mother, Carolyn Taylor, and his stepfather, Allen Taylor, of Saltillo.
He was preceded in death by his father, Bayward Talmadge Bass; two brothers, Bayward T. Bass Jr. and Ottis Bass; maternal grandparents, Silvia and Thomas Halcomb; paternal grandparents, Rev. James C. and Mary Katherine Bass; paternal aunt, Agnes Tipton; paternal uncles, Ottis and James Bass; maternal aunts, Marilyn Eastman and Patricia Ann Stewart; and maternal uncle, George Halcomb.
Visitation will be 4 to 8 p.m. Saturday at the funeral home.
Memorials may be made to his funeral account in care of W.E. Pegues Funeral Directors, P.O. Box 1488, Tupelo, MS 38802.
Expressions of sympathy may be left at www.peguesfuneralhome.com.
- Click to email this to a friend (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to Press This! (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Google+ (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
About Floyd Ingram
- Man falls from Houston Airport tower January 19, 2017
- HISD refines drug testing policy January 20, 2017
- Girl Scout cookies are on sale January 15, 2017
- Body found in Chickasaw County January 19, 2017
- Qualifying begins for city elections January 19, 2017
- Area crappie gathering in big schools. January 21, 2017
- TONY COOK: Let’s pray for our schools January 21, 2017
- ICC Fall graduates named January 21, 2017
- Wilson stepping down at East Webster January 20, 2017
- FLOYD INGRAM: Time for a change January 20, 2017
- June Criddle Linley: I have no problems with making sure students are d...
- Mamabear: I knew this man. He was an extremely talented son...
- Jean Ulmer Gaskin: Chip, you and Rocky turned out to be wonderful men...
- jonathan makeley: Jim Hedges 2016 If you would like to join the Proh...
- Bet Rob: I came into town over the weekend to ride part of ...
- RT @wcbiweather: The heat index has surpassed 100 in many spots today. Stay cool out there! #mswx #alwx #wcbi http://t.co/Lt2LRZTDcm 4 years ago
- RT @dennisseid: OSHA: 24 work-related deaths in Miss. last year http://t.co/lgEYYtK7ZR 4 years ago
- Speech pathologists work to better communication skills | Monroe Journal http://t.co/lyHLvb0OS1 4 years ago
- Mumford & Sons bassist has blood clot on brain http://t.co/4xNLMhxaif 4 years ago
- Mobile home fire claims one | Itawamba Times http://t.co/FHouwxbnsp 4 years ago