Man faces federal drug, firearms charges
A Moss Point man is facing federal drug and firearms charges following his arrest in Chickasaw County.
Miles Loyd Taylor, 30, faces a three-count indictment following his arrest in February of 2013.
Taylor is charged with possession of methamphetamine with the intent to distribute, possession of a firearm in the furtherance of a drug transaction and possession of a firearm by a convicted felon.
He will be arraigned Tuesday at 2 p.m. in U. S. District Court in Oxford.
Man sentence for conspiracy
An Alcorn County man will serve a 42 month federal prison sentence for attempting to set up a cocaine and marijuana distribution network in northeast Mississippi.
Kenneth Scales, 50, of Corinth pleaded guilty in November to one count of conspiracy to distribute a controlled substance.
A federal indictment accuses Scales and nine others of moving drugs into Lee and Chickasaw County.
Authorities say the group was working together to expand the network of customers in the effort to obtain a large amount of money.
In addition to the prison time, Scales will serve three years probation.
- Click to email this to a friend (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to Press This! (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Google+ (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
About Floyd Ingram
- Dendy’s named Man, Woman of the Year July 17, 2016
- Nabors named top home improvement store in state July 18, 2016
- ICC offers manufacturing program July 20, 2016
- Solar Team trekking north in Solar Challenge 2016 July 21, 2016
- Houston’s Kinard honored by PTK July 21, 2016
- Homegrown and Houston proud July 23, 2016
- ICC registration underway July 22, 2016
- Hebron honors hoop champions July 22, 2016
- Houston, Houlka, Okolona districts get “C” July 22, 2016
- EDITORIAL: Support for Solar Car July 22, 2016
- Americasgone: They have a "no guns" sign on their door. If the...
- Americasgone: This has to be a joke. They have good employees an...
- Jessica Lacy: Leadershipprovides with the opportunity to lead. E...
- a: Cars with tags from 12 different counties can rout...
- LindaWando390: Valuable article , Speaking of which , if one has ...
- RT @wcbiweather: The heat index has surpassed 100 in many spots today. Stay cool out there! #mswx #alwx #wcbi http://t.co/Lt2LRZTDcm 3 years ago
- RT @dennisseid: OSHA: 24 work-related deaths in Miss. last year http://t.co/lgEYYtK7ZR 3 years ago
- Speech pathologists work to better communication skills | Monroe Journal http://t.co/lyHLvb0OS1 3 years ago
- Mumford & Sons bassist has blood clot on brain http://t.co/4xNLMhxaif 3 years ago
- Mobile home fire claims one | Itawamba Times http://t.co/FHouwxbnsp 3 years ago