of their daughter, Kayla Brooke Murphy, to Bryant Chase Smith of
Vicksburg. Mr. Smith is the son of Mr. and Mrs. Kent Smith.
Miss Murphy is the granddaughter of Mr. and Mrs. Darrell Spivey of
Vicksburg, Mr. and Mrs. Frankie Murphy of Iuka, Miss. and the late
Boyd and Dot Phillips of Iuka.
Mr. Smith is the grandson of Mr. and Mrs. L. H. Martin of Satartia,
Miss. and Dr. Herman K. Smith and the late Mary Jane Smith of Houston,
The bride-elect is 2009 graduate of Hernando High School. She was Miss
Hernando High School, a member of the Hall of Fame, Intellectual and
National Honor Society. She was a member of the track and volleyball
team. She played basketball and was best offensive player and North
Mississippi Senior All-Star basketball team champions. She attended
Delta State University where she was a member of Delta Delta Delta
Sorority, Dean’s List 2009, President’s List 2010 and 2009 beauty. She
graduated Magna Cum Laude from the University of Mississippi Medical
Center in 2013 with a bachelors degree in nursing. While at the
University of Mississippi she was an Ambassador, Dean’s List, Herrin
Scholarship Recipient, Phi Kappa Phi Honor Society and Sigma Theta Tau
Honor Society. She is a cardiac nurse at St. Dominic Hospital.
The prospective groom is a 2007 graduate of St. Aloysius High School
where he was a member of FCA, basketball all district and MVP for 3
years, basketball best offensive player and top rebounder, golf all
state and MVP for 6 years, recipient of Red Carpet Bowl Scholarship
and was most outstanding senior athlete. He graduated Delta State
University with a business degree. While at Delta State he was golf
MVP for 4 years and all conference for 3 years. He won medalist honors
in tournaments in Fla. and Ala. for golf. He is a sales representative
for Stryker Medical.
The wedding will be at 6 p.m. May 17, 2014, at Foxwood Plantation in
Hernando. A reception will follow.
- Click to email this to a friend (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to Press This! (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Google+ (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
About Floyd Ingram
- GWENDOLYN PEARSON: Tourism tax and internet service March 26, 2017
- Houston seeks to climb the mountain March 22, 2017
- CARA CHISOLM: Get involved in your Library March 26, 2017
- FLOYD INGRAM: All politics is local March 27, 2017
- MSU Extension offers Horse Management 101 March 27, 2017
- Wildcats blanked by Smithville March 29, 2017
- Next stop! Final Four in Dallas March 29, 2017
- Okolona man held in Shannon shooting March 28, 2017
- POLITICAL ANNOUNCEMENTS March 28, 2017
- Orientation leaders named March 28, 2017
- Patricia Burgess Cossey: This is to address the Tourism Tax. I recently hea...
- Chris Johnson: Great article! I would note, though, that all Full...
- June Criddle Linley: I have no problems with making sure students are d...
- Mamabear: I knew this man. He was an extremely talented son...
- Jean Ulmer Gaskin: Chip, you and Rocky turned out to be wonderful men...
- RT @wcbiweather: The heat index has surpassed 100 in many spots today. Stay cool out there! #mswx #alwx #wcbi http://t.co/Lt2LRZTDcm 4 years ago
- RT @dennisseid: OSHA: 24 work-related deaths in Miss. last year http://t.co/lgEYYtK7ZR 4 years ago
- Speech pathologists work to better communication skills | Monroe Journal http://t.co/lyHLvb0OS1 4 years ago
- Mumford & Sons bassist has blood clot on brain http://t.co/4xNLMhxaif 4 years ago
- Mobile home fire claims one | Itawamba Times http://t.co/FHouwxbnsp 4 years ago