Pink ribbon run Saturday
Runners and walkers will take to the streets April 26 in the annual spring Pink Ribbon run sponsored by Team Hope Houston.
The event benefits community members who are battling beast cancer and their families.
Team Hope Houston is a civic group comprised of local women committed to making a difference in the fight against breast cancer and most of them understand the need from first-hand experience.
“Breast cancer has touched my family personally,” said Team Hope member Deanna Uhiren, who watched her mother fight the dreaded disease.
“In 2004, I lost my mom after a seven-year battle with breast cancer,” Uhiren said. “In our community, there are so many other families that have been affected by this disease and our 5K is such an awesome way to help people in our own community.”
The 5K raises about $3,000 which stays in the local community to assist people with needs due to breast cancer.
Pre-registration forms are available at Wave Lenghths Salon in Houston or from any Team Hope member. Pre-registration fees are $15 and race day registration is $20 beginning at 7 a.m. at the parking lot between the Civic Center and Kid’s Park on Starkville Road.
The race begins at 8 a.m. with trophies awarded for overall male and female winners and 13 age divisions at its conclusion.
For more information about the race or how to help team Hope Houston members in the fight against breast cancer, call 456-6040.
- Click to email this to a friend (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to Press This! (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Google+ (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
About Lisa Voyles
- Sundancer crosses 2016 Solar Car Challenge finish line July 23, 2016
- Solar Team trekking north in Solar Challenge 2016 July 21, 2016
- Authorities seek suspects in two shootings July 25, 2016
- Shearer-Richardson announces expansion July 25, 2016
- Cunningham earns ICC scholarship July 25, 2016
- ICC valedictorian, salutatorian scholars named. July 27, 2016
- Mississippi Showcase features local baseball talent July 27, 2016
- FLOYD INGRAM: Solar racers make us Houston proud July 27, 2016
- Dr. Darrick Whitfield: Don’t be a slacker! July 27, 2016
- Sundancer finishes first, again July 27, 2016
- Jim Garth Horn: Did I miss it or is there anywhere in the article ...
- Americasgone: They have a "no guns" sign on their door. If the...
- Americasgone: This has to be a joke. They have good employees an...
- Jessica Lacy: Leadershipprovides with the opportunity to lead. E...
- a: Cars with tags from 12 different counties can rout...
- RT @wcbiweather: The heat index has surpassed 100 in many spots today. Stay cool out there! #mswx #alwx #wcbi http://t.co/Lt2LRZTDcm 3 years ago
- RT @dennisseid: OSHA: 24 work-related deaths in Miss. last year http://t.co/lgEYYtK7ZR 3 years ago
- Speech pathologists work to better communication skills | Monroe Journal http://t.co/lyHLvb0OS1 3 years ago
- Mumford & Sons bassist has blood clot on brain http://t.co/4xNLMhxaif 3 years ago
- Mobile home fire claims one | Itawamba Times http://t.co/FHouwxbnsp 3 years ago