2-year-old found unharmed in south Georgia
SYLVESTER, Ga. (AP) – A 2-year-old girl whose younger sister was found dead in Mississippi has been found unharmed in Georgia.
Police in the south Georgia town of Sylvester told The Atlanta Journal-Constitution that Maliah Harris and her parents – who were being sought by law officers across the South – were located late Wednesday.
Sylvester police tell Georgia station WALB-TV that a Sylvester officer pulled the vehicle over on U.S. Highway 82 in Sylvester.
Mississippi authorities said 2-year-old Maliah Harris disappeared with her parents after her 7-month-old sister, Alyssa, was found dead. County Coroner Greg Merchant says there were no visible signs of injury. An autopsy was being conducted.
The Mississippi Highway Patrol had issued an Amber Alert for the 2-year-old and her parents.
Sylvester police say the parents were being questioned by police early Thursday.
Amber Alert issued for missing 2-year-old Lowndes County girl
4:25 p.m. Wednesday, April 23, 2014.
JACKSON (AP) – A 7-month-old Mississippi infant is dead and authorities continue to search for her sibling.
Lowndes County Chief Deputy Marc Miley says 2-year-old Maliah Harris disappeared with her parents after her 7-month-old sister, Alyssa, was found dead.
County Coroner Greg Merchant says there were no visible signs of injury. An autopsy is being conducted
The Mississippi Highway Patrol issued an Amber Alert for the child and her parents — identified 34-year-old Donald Boyd Harris and 31-year-old Allison Studdard.
Patrol spokesman Warren Strain says they were last seen in a black or brown 2002 Pontiac Aztec with Georgia license plate PGR7927.
Miley says the siblings’ grandfather discovered Alyssa’s body about 5:30 a.m. Wednesday. Miley says the grandfather called 911 and the parents left with the 2-year-old girl.
- Click to email this to a friend (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to Press This! (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Google+ (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
About Floyd Ingram
- Deputies make several drug arrests February 18, 2017
- Chieftains claim District February 22, 2017
- “Dream Big” February 22, 2017
- EDITORIAL: Tidy up the Trail February 22, 2017
- Correctional Facility revenue reviewed February 23, 2017
- MDWFP crappie regulation being enforced February 25, 2017
- GLENN MOLLETTE: Hard work, right living equals singing, dancing February 25, 2017
- A Day Without Immigrants felt in Vardaman February 25, 2017
- Hilltoppers are ready to roll February 24, 2017
- Teacher Academy February 24, 2017
- Chris Johnson: Great article! I would note, though, that all Full...
- June Criddle Linley: I have no problems with making sure students are d...
- Mamabear: I knew this man. He was an extremely talented son...
- Jean Ulmer Gaskin: Chip, you and Rocky turned out to be wonderful men...
- jonathan makeley: Jim Hedges 2016 If you would like to join the Proh...
- RT @wcbiweather: The heat index has surpassed 100 in many spots today. Stay cool out there! #mswx #alwx #wcbi http://t.co/Lt2LRZTDcm 4 years ago
- RT @dennisseid: OSHA: 24 work-related deaths in Miss. last year http://t.co/lgEYYtK7ZR 4 years ago
- Speech pathologists work to better communication skills | Monroe Journal http://t.co/lyHLvb0OS1 4 years ago
- Mumford & Sons bassist has blood clot on brain http://t.co/4xNLMhxaif 4 years ago
- Mobile home fire claims one | Itawamba Times http://t.co/FHouwxbnsp 4 years ago