PONTOTOC – Charles William Chapman, 85, passed away Sunday, April 20, 2014, at North Mississippi Medical Center in Tupelo. He was born Aug. 16, 1928, in Pontotoc to Howard Clinton Chapman and Jessie Bell Chapman.
He worked at Futorian in Okolona for 36 years. He was a member of Troy First Baptist Church. He was an avid bird hunter and also loved to fish. He was an outstanding gardener. He treasured his family and will be dearly missed.
Services will be at 4 p.m. Wednesday, April 23, at Tutor Memorial Funeral Home in Pontotoc. Bro. Greg Herdon will be officiating. Burial will be in the Edington Cemetery.Tutor Memorial Funeral Home of Pontotoc is in charge of the arrangements.
Survivors include daughters, Glenda Hitt (Stephen) and Teresa Collums (Terry); son, Charles Matthew Chapman; brother, Wayne Chapman (Ann); nine grandchildren, Vonda Staten (Brandon Baker), Marissa Staten, Jana Irby, Zeb Collums (Natasha), Stephanie Bramlitt (Chase), Mickey Collums, Halena White (Daniel), Adam Chapman and Hunter Sanders; eight great-grandchildren, Vanessa Houston (Jay), Emma Irby, Clayton Collums, Kelby Collums, Carson Collums, Walyn Bramlitt, Briley White and Stone Bensieck; sisters-in-law, Geneva Chapman, Linda Butler, Mable Taylor, Marie Kennedy (Glen), Johnnie Mae Davis, Carol Davis and Annie Rae Franklin; and brothers-in-law, Roy Pannell and Felix Davis.
He was preceded in death by his wife of 58 years, Mary Sue Chapman; his parents; brothers, Howard Clinton Chapman Jr. and Henry Thomas Chapman; and sisters, Ailene Pannell and Mava Harmon.
Pallbearers will be Zeb Collums, Mickey Collums Joe Harmon, Chase Bramlitt and Brandon Baker.
Visitation will be from 2 to 4 p.m. Wednesday
- Click to email this to a friend (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to Press This! (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Google+ (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
About Floyd Ingram
- Deputies make several drug arrests February 18, 2017
- Wildcats roll out of district February 22, 2017
- Chieftains claim District February 22, 2017
- “Dream Big” February 22, 2017
- EDITORIAL: Tidy up the Trail February 22, 2017
- Hilltoppers are ready to roll February 24, 2017
- Teacher Academy February 24, 2017
- Gann named NFHS State Coach of Year February 24, 2017
- Vardaman hunter bags banded duck February 24, 2017
- Extension gives out 1,800 trees February 24, 2017
- Chris Johnson: Great article! I would note, though, that all Full...
- June Criddle Linley: I have no problems with making sure students are d...
- Mamabear: I knew this man. He was an extremely talented son...
- Jean Ulmer Gaskin: Chip, you and Rocky turned out to be wonderful men...
- jonathan makeley: Jim Hedges 2016 If you would like to join the Proh...
- RT @wcbiweather: The heat index has surpassed 100 in many spots today. Stay cool out there! #mswx #alwx #wcbi http://t.co/Lt2LRZTDcm 4 years ago
- RT @dennisseid: OSHA: 24 work-related deaths in Miss. last year http://t.co/lgEYYtK7ZR 4 years ago
- Speech pathologists work to better communication skills | Monroe Journal http://t.co/lyHLvb0OS1 4 years ago
- Mumford & Sons bassist has blood clot on brain http://t.co/4xNLMhxaif 4 years ago
- Mobile home fire claims one | Itawamba Times http://t.co/FHouwxbnsp 4 years ago