EDINBURGH, Scotland – Mary “Connie” Thompson, 84, died on Wednesday, Feb. 26, 2014, in Edinburgh. Born on Aug. 31, 1929, she was a daughter of the late Mr. and Mrs. Donald Scott.
She was a graduate of Milnathort, Scotland, High School. As a teenager, she worked in a baker’s shop and was crowned most beautiful in a beauty pageant. For 35 years, she operated a bed and breakfast in Edinburgh. She was a member of The Church of Scotland. A genuine lady who was a wonderful wife and best friend to her husband, she enjoyed traveling, shopping, gardening, and loved clothes, taking great pride in always looking her best.
She is survived by her soul mate of 25 years, Otis “Fuz” Thompson of Edinburgh; children, Joyce Scott, and Brian, Norman, and Allen Scott, all of Scotland; two grandchildren; one great-grandchild; and numerous nieces and nephews.
In addition to her parents, she was preceded in death by 11 brothers and sisters.
A graveside service will be held at 1 p.m. Friday, April 25, at Coontail Cemetery in Wren with Bro. Dennis Smithey officiating. Everyone is asked to meet at 12:45 p.m. at the cemetery. E.E. Pickle Funeral Home of Amory is in charge of arrangements.
Memorials may be given to the American Cancer Society , P.O. Box 22718, Oklahoma City, OK 73123-1718.
Memories and condolences may be shared with the family at eepicklefuneralhome.com.
- Click to email this to a friend (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to Press This! (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Google+ (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
About Floyd Ingram
- GWENDOLYN PEARSON: Tourism tax and internet service March 26, 2017
- CATHY SPENCER: Teacher of the Week March 21, 2017
- Medical care answers for America March 25, 2017
- Ribbon Cutting; Ava Michaels Boutique March 25, 2017
- DAR honors two with history awards March 26, 2017
- Orientation leaders named March 28, 2017
- Okolona excluded from Chickasaw, Houston merger March 28, 2017
- Old Waverly to host Women’s Amateur March 28, 2017
- Starkville man killed in shootout after fleeing officers March 27, 2017
- Teacher of the Week March 27, 2017
- Patricia Burgess Cossey: This is to address the Tourism Tax. I recently hea...
- Chris Johnson: Great article! I would note, though, that all Full...
- June Criddle Linley: I have no problems with making sure students are d...
- Mamabear: I knew this man. He was an extremely talented son...
- Jean Ulmer Gaskin: Chip, you and Rocky turned out to be wonderful men...
- RT @wcbiweather: The heat index has surpassed 100 in many spots today. Stay cool out there! #mswx #alwx #wcbi http://t.co/Lt2LRZTDcm 4 years ago
- RT @dennisseid: OSHA: 24 work-related deaths in Miss. last year http://t.co/lgEYYtK7ZR 4 years ago
- Speech pathologists work to better communication skills | Monroe Journal http://t.co/lyHLvb0OS1 4 years ago
- Mumford & Sons bassist has blood clot on brain http://t.co/4xNLMhxaif 4 years ago
- Mobile home fire claims one | Itawamba Times http://t.co/FHouwxbnsp 4 years ago