SLATE SPRINGS – Odean Hardin Helms, 93, died Wednesday, April 23, 2014, at Calhoun Health Services in Calhoun City. She was born Sept. 26, 1920, in Calhoun County to Grady Hardin and Maude Vance Hardin.
She was a homemaker and one of the oldest members and church clerk and treasurer for more than 50 years at Spring Hill Baptist Church; She enjoyed crocheting and knitting, and her pleasure was giving these to people. She enjoyed being with her family, especially the grandchildren and great-grandchildren.
Survivors include one daughter, Brenda (Terry) Biffle of Fulton; one son, Eddie (Pam) Helms of Slate Springs; three grandchildren, Derrell (Crystal) Biffle of Fulton; Jerrell (Trish) Biffle of Fulton; and Sonny (Sharon) Pryor of Brandon; and seven great-grandchildren.
She was preceded in death by her husband of 59 years, James “Truett” Helms; her parents; and two brothers.
Services will be at 2 p.m. Saturday, April 26, at Pryor Funeral Home Chapel in Calhoun City. Bro. Jimmy Vance will officiate. Burial will be in Spring Hill Cemetery in Slate Springs.
Pallbearers will be Wood Spencer, Corey Vance, Willie Jobe West, Scott West, Clay West and Ethan Nanney. Honorary pallbearers will be David May, the staff of Bruce Community Living Center, Burl Hardin, Mickey West, Terrell Hardin, Shelton Williams and Thomas Latham.
Online condolences can be left at Pryorfuneralhome.com.
Visitation will be from 1 to 2 p.m. Saturday at the funeral home. – See more at: http://www.legacy.com/obituaries/djournal/obituary.aspx?n=odean-hardin-helms&pid=170793828&fhid=21401#sthash.jbQJWur1.dpuf
- Click to email this to a friend (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to Press This! (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Google+ (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
About Floyd Ingram
- Habitat now Fuller Center February 17, 2017
- Houston drops two to Noxubee February 15, 2017
- County ponders TRPDD alliance February 20, 2017
- ICC names fall scholars February 20, 2017
- Family Resource Center offers services February 20, 2017
- EDITORIAL: Tidy up the Trail February 22, 2017
- “Dream Big” February 22, 2017
- Chieftains claim District February 22, 2017
- Wildcats roll out of district February 22, 2017
- One killed in wreck involving ambulance February 21, 2017
- Chris Johnson: Great article! I would note, though, that all Full...
- June Criddle Linley: I have no problems with making sure students are d...
- Mamabear: I knew this man. He was an extremely talented son...
- Jean Ulmer Gaskin: Chip, you and Rocky turned out to be wonderful men...
- jonathan makeley: Jim Hedges 2016 If you would like to join the Proh...
- RT @wcbiweather: The heat index has surpassed 100 in many spots today. Stay cool out there! #mswx #alwx #wcbi http://t.co/Lt2LRZTDcm 4 years ago
- RT @dennisseid: OSHA: 24 work-related deaths in Miss. last year http://t.co/lgEYYtK7ZR 4 years ago
- Speech pathologists work to better communication skills | Monroe Journal http://t.co/lyHLvb0OS1 4 years ago
- Mumford & Sons bassist has blood clot on brain http://t.co/4xNLMhxaif 4 years ago
- Mobile home fire claims one | Itawamba Times http://t.co/FHouwxbnsp 4 years ago