MANTEE – Dan Womack, 75, died Tuesday, April 29, 2014, at his home. He was born Feb. 13, 1939, in Chickasaw County to Alton Granville Womack and Mary Wofford Womack.
He retired from Spartus Corporation in Louisville. He was a member of Hohenlinden Baptist Church. He enjoyed farming and saw milling.
Services will be at 11 a.m. Thursday, May 1, at Hohenlinden Baptist Church with Bro. Fred Hartley, Bro. Charlie Fitts and Bro. Carl Morris officiating. The body will lie in repose one hour prior to service. Burial will be at Mount Pleasant Cemetery. Memorial Funeral Home of Houston is in charge of the arrangements.
He is survived by his wife, Margaret “Silvia” Skelton Womack of Mantee; two sons, Kent Womack of New Orleans, La., and Lee Womack (Haley) of Mantee; seven grandchildren, Kevin Womack (Chessie), Dusty Womack (Amber), Danielle Perkins (Tracy), Jarrod Womack, Faith Womack, Garrett Womack and Blakelee Womack, all of Mantee; six great-grandchildren, Clarke Womack, Stetson, Tristan and Kiersten Perkins, Ben Baldwin and Sadie Womack; one sister, Jacque McQuary of Memphis; one brother-in-law, Thomas Verell of Forney, Texas; and one sister-in-law, Betty Weeks of Houston.
He is preceded in death by his parents, Alton and Mary Womack; one son, Randy Womack; four sisters, Mary Ella McWillliams, Sara Edwards, Bobbie Verell and Joe Iva Womack; and one brother, Don Womack.
Pallbearers will be Joe Edmondson, Trent Edmondson, Cody Edmondson, Mike Callahan, Billy Jeff Abbott, Eddie Abbott, Mitchell Russell, Jay Russell and Michael Sullivan.
Visitation will be from 6 to 8 p.m. Wednesday at Memorial Funeral Home in Houston.
For online condolences visit www.memorialfuneralhomehouston.com.
- Click to email this to a friend (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to Press This! (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Google+ (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
About Floyd Ingram
- GWENDOLYN PEARSON: Tourism tax and internet service March 26, 2017
- EDITORIAL Severe Weather Awareness Week March 23, 2017
- Starkville man killed in shootout after fleeing officers March 27, 2017
- Old Waverly to host Women’s Amateur March 28, 2017
- Okolona excluded from Chickasaw, Houston merger March 28, 2017
- EDITORIAL: Getting ready March 29, 2017
- Houston, Okolona host banquets March 29, 2017
- Rally! Rally! Rally! March 29, 2017
- Wildcats blanked by Smithville March 29, 2017
- Next stop! Final Four in Dallas March 29, 2017
- Patricia Burgess Cossey: This is to address the Tourism Tax. I recently hea...
- Chris Johnson: Great article! I would note, though, that all Full...
- June Criddle Linley: I have no problems with making sure students are d...
- Mamabear: I knew this man. He was an extremely talented son...
- Jean Ulmer Gaskin: Chip, you and Rocky turned out to be wonderful men...
- RT @wcbiweather: The heat index has surpassed 100 in many spots today. Stay cool out there! #mswx #alwx #wcbi http://t.co/Lt2LRZTDcm 4 years ago
- RT @dennisseid: OSHA: 24 work-related deaths in Miss. last year http://t.co/lgEYYtK7ZR 4 years ago
- Speech pathologists work to better communication skills | Monroe Journal http://t.co/lyHLvb0OS1 4 years ago
- Mumford & Sons bassist has blood clot on brain http://t.co/4xNLMhxaif 4 years ago
- Mobile home fire claims one | Itawamba Times http://t.co/FHouwxbnsp 4 years ago