Winston County releases list of local victims
LOUISVILLE (AP) – Winston County’s five female and four male tornado victims ranged in age from 31 to 85.
County Coroner Scott Gregory released the names Thursday after the bodies sent to local funeral homes. Gregory said that all of the victims suffered multiple trauma, and it’s hard to pinpoint a single cause of death for any.
“Some were found in rubble, some were blown into open areas,” said Gregory, who has been the coroner since 2004. “I’ve never seen anything quite like it.”
Four were injured either at the Eiland Plaza apartments or in a neighboring subdivision on the south end of Louisville.
Two of the dead, Terri Tucker and Sean Fowler, have been described as the parents of the missing 8-year-old boy for whom officials are still searching. The parents were found more than a half-mile from their home near Mississippi Highway 392 in an area of splintered pine trees and debris.
“The area has been searched and searched again,” said Buddy King, Winston County Emergency Management Director.
King said the Mississippi Department of Wildlife, Fisheries and Parks is using GPS technology to conduct a precise search. He said cadaver dogs also have been used to search for the boy but have not found anything.
King said there’s a chance the child was blown farther away.
The death toll remained at 12 Wednesday, with dozens of injuries reported for hundreds of miles stretching across the state.
- Click to email this to a friend (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to Press This! (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Google+ (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
About Floyd Ingram
- Sundancer crosses 2016 Solar Car Challenge finish line July 23, 2016
- Learning to smile forever July 19, 2016
- SONNY SCOTT: Real men rise above the status quo July 23, 2016
- Please clean up the Carnegie Library July 23, 2016
- Getting a good start at school July 24, 2016
- ETHAN TURNER: A note to the fans July 26, 2016
- Cunningham earns ICC scholarship July 25, 2016
- Shearer-Richardson announces expansion July 25, 2016
- Authorities seek suspects in two shootings July 25, 2016
- Fire burns Thorn home Sunday July 25, 2016
- Jim Garth Horn: Did I miss it or is there anywhere in the article ...
- Americasgone: They have a "no guns" sign on their door. If the...
- Americasgone: This has to be a joke. They have good employees an...
- Jessica Lacy: Leadershipprovides with the opportunity to lead. E...
- a: Cars with tags from 12 different counties can rout...
- RT @wcbiweather: The heat index has surpassed 100 in many spots today. Stay cool out there! #mswx #alwx #wcbi http://t.co/Lt2LRZTDcm 3 years ago
- RT @dennisseid: OSHA: 24 work-related deaths in Miss. last year http://t.co/lgEYYtK7ZR 3 years ago
- Speech pathologists work to better communication skills | Monroe Journal http://t.co/lyHLvb0OS1 3 years ago
- Mumford & Sons bassist has blood clot on brain http://t.co/4xNLMhxaif 3 years ago
- Mobile home fire claims one | Itawamba Times http://t.co/FHouwxbnsp 3 years ago