LISA VOYLES: A great day to graduate
Hebron Christian School will kick things off this Friday followed by Okolona, Vardaman, Houston and Houlka.
I love graduations. All those bright, shining faces, wide smiles and wide-open dreams running around the heads of our youth – it just rejuvenates me.
Seriously, I soak in all that positivity and hope for the future and carry it with me just in case I need an extra dose later in the year.
And usually I do.
Mixed in with the hoopla of graduation are sports playoffs and we have a lot to celebrate again this year.
In our coverage area, we’ve watched tennis players, golfers, baseball and softball teams moving through successful seasons and into post-season play.
Although I know everyone can’t win, I wish they all could.
In the midst of all the high school graduations coming our way, I have two more that are special to me on a personal level.
My nephew, Max, is due to graduate basic training in the United States Navy on June 6.
His cousin, and longtime “partner in crime,” Jake Cameron, will graduate from the University of Mississippi this Saturday.
I’ve watched those two grow up together, goofing around and entertaining the whole family. I hate to think I’m losing them as kids, but I’m glad to know we are repopulating our adult world with people like them.
Congratulations to all of our area graduates of any level of training or academic institution. You’ve worked hard and earned our respect.
We’re proud of you all.
Lisa Voyles is Managing Editor/Sports for the Chickasaw Journal. She can be reached at 456-3771 or via email to email@example.com.
- Click to email this to a friend (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to Press This! (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Google+ (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
About Lisa Voyles
- Sundancer crosses 2016 Solar Car Challenge finish line July 23, 2016
- Culinary arts teacher opens up new world for students July 24, 2016
- Walker takes second at Pros of Tomorrow July 24, 2016
- Scott, Hardin honored by ICC July 24, 2016
- Fire burns Thorn home Sunday July 25, 2016
- Eaton Automotive finishes season July 26, 2016
- Weston Reed Foundation to offer free physicals July 26, 2016
- ETHAN TURNER: A note to the fans July 26, 2016
- Cunningham earns ICC scholarship July 25, 2016
- Shearer-Richardson announces expansion July 25, 2016
- Jim Garth Horn: Did I miss it or is there anywhere in the article ...
- Americasgone: They have a "no guns" sign on their door. If the...
- Americasgone: This has to be a joke. They have good employees an...
- Jessica Lacy: Leadershipprovides with the opportunity to lead. E...
- a: Cars with tags from 12 different counties can rout...
- RT @wcbiweather: The heat index has surpassed 100 in many spots today. Stay cool out there! #mswx #alwx #wcbi http://t.co/Lt2LRZTDcm 3 years ago
- RT @dennisseid: OSHA: 24 work-related deaths in Miss. last year http://t.co/lgEYYtK7ZR 3 years ago
- Speech pathologists work to better communication skills | Monroe Journal http://t.co/lyHLvb0OS1 3 years ago
- Mumford & Sons bassist has blood clot on brain http://t.co/4xNLMhxaif 3 years ago
- Mobile home fire claims one | Itawamba Times http://t.co/FHouwxbnsp 3 years ago