WOODLAND – Edward Holmes, 59, died Tuesday, May 6, 2014, at North Mississippi Medical Center. He was born July 16, 1954, to Gladys Clark Holmes and Robert Holmes in Pontotoc.
He was a former employee of Chickasaw Handle Mill and a member of Calahan M.B. Church.
Services will be at 3 p.m. Saturday, May 10, at the Calahan M.B. Church. The Rev. Rossie Sullivan will officiate. Burial will be in the church cemetery. Williams Memorial of Okolona is in charge of arrangements.
Survivors include his wife, Rochelle Pratt Holmes of Woodland; his mother, Gladys Holmes of Woodland; three daughters, Angel Holmes of Woodland, Shelia Holmes of Dixon, Tenn., and Bridget Hill (Micheal) of Woodland; two sisters, Peggy Holmes and Shirley Hunter of Houston; six brothers, James Robert Holmes (Jessie) of Tupelo, Melvin Holmes (Janice) of Woodland, Donnie Holmes (Michell) of Vardaman, Kenny Holmes (Diane) of Woodland, Bobby Holmes of Woodland and Robert Holmes (Ann) of Pheba; and three grandchildren, Ericka, Quincy and Aligha.
Visitation will be from 4 to 6 p.m. Friday at the funeral home.
- Click to email this to a friend (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to Press This! (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Google+ (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
About Floyd Ingram
- Okolona talks fire protection March 17, 2017
- CATHY SPENCER: Teacher of the Week March 21, 2017
- Houston WIN offers iPhone class March 21, 2017
- Deadline for Foundation Scholarships March 21, 2017
- Houston seeks to climb the mountain March 22, 2017
- Manufacturing skills class offered March 24, 2017
- Houlka names new principal March 24, 2017
- Fishing forecast for area reservoirs looks good March 23, 2017
- Chandler to head industrial development March 23, 2017
- EDITORIAL Severe Weather Awareness Week March 23, 2017
- Chris Johnson: Great article! I would note, though, that all Full...
- June Criddle Linley: I have no problems with making sure students are d...
- Mamabear: I knew this man. He was an extremely talented son...
- Jean Ulmer Gaskin: Chip, you and Rocky turned out to be wonderful men...
- jonathan makeley: Jim Hedges 2016 If you would like to join the Proh...
- RT @wcbiweather: The heat index has surpassed 100 in many spots today. Stay cool out there! #mswx #alwx #wcbi http://t.co/Lt2LRZTDcm 4 years ago
- RT @dennisseid: OSHA: 24 work-related deaths in Miss. last year http://t.co/lgEYYtK7ZR 4 years ago
- Speech pathologists work to better communication skills | Monroe Journal http://t.co/lyHLvb0OS1 4 years ago
- Mumford & Sons bassist has blood clot on brain http://t.co/4xNLMhxaif 4 years ago
- Mobile home fire claims one | Itawamba Times http://t.co/FHouwxbnsp 4 years ago